French teardrop light

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
OK, the spare bulb holder is really a nice idea. My questions are, what is the hide away "pin" for on the bottom towards the front of the base? Is that a "ball bearing" on the front of the rotator assembly? And finally, are these current production and, if so, how much are the? Thanks

Fireball

May 14, 2011
France / PARIS
wfdstation42 said:
Looks like an allen wrench and I assume it's to remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the light.

Yes it's wrench allen:2thumbs:

French Police car with GDO in action,it's very good light :)

13685586.jpg

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
wfdstation42 said:
Looks like an allen wrench and I assume it's to remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the light.

Yep, I just noticed that. VERY cool!!! Well thought out but no company here in the States would ever do something like put the tool to disassemble the light or a spare bulb in in. How would you ever sell spare parts?? lol Seriously though, I want one of these for my collection.

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
PC Comms said:
OK, the spare bulb holder is really a nice idea. My questions are, what is the hide away "pin" for on the bottom towards the front of the base? Is that a "ball bearing" on the front of the rotator assembly? And finally, are these current production and, if so, how much are the? Thanks

Hey Chuck!; is a counterweight!, to balance the reflector when it turns, thus the axis motor / reflector takes less Thurs

I have one for sale Used!

Cyril

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
$250. for a small reflector beacon,...absurd. Another seller is SNC.fr They sell a complete range of warning devices. The GDO lights are made by Sirena. So, who wants to start exporting US made stuff, directly to end users?

Fireball

May 14, 2011
France / PARIS
dmathieu said:
Nice! I have never seen one of these before!

Dan

Thank you Dan:)

There where not many with the black label in the national police.

In France, it is a jewel for collectors

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
My J.W. Speaker Fireball has a black label. I didn't know Federal used black labels and I'm guessing it was only used outside of the U.S.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nice to know I belong to such an elite club. I figured the J.W. Speaker versions were on the cheap side of the FireBall collection, maybe I am mistaken.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
And to think that I got mine on eBay, thinking it was a Federal FireBall. Got it cheap and it turns out to be worth a bit more than a FedSig in the same condition.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.