From 1993: My old Arizona DOT vehicle

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Last edited:

RCMoeur

Apr 26, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
When this vehicle was turned in in 1998 and replaced with a Taurus, we took the XL rotators and the FB3/UF7s and stuffed them in a old gutted Yankee bar with clear domes. That worked until we discovered the UF7s don't like being in a greenhouse in the Arizona sun. :)218549

Last edited:
Reactions: kadetklapp

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Yeah, Some of my equipment melted a tad like my front dash light flashback shield. Name brands do not always hold up even behind tint out here.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Very cool. My dad worked for INDOT for 25 years and had a variety of take-home “office cars” In that time. I recall a 1990 Pontiac Sunbird, all it had was a Whelen strobe throw light and a Motorola Micor HF radio. Then he had a 1992 Dodge Spirit with a throw light but also a rear red/amber FS deck strobe of some kind. In 97 he got a Chevy Cavalier with dual signal master front rear red/amber. Then a 2001 Malibu with same setup. In 03 he got a Stratus with deck and grill strobes. Fancy at the DOT.

• Haha
Reactions: NVFD612 and Nolines

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.