FS Jetstream help...

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Fellow eLightbar members,

I am in need of some assistance. I traded some LED's to a member of one of the other VFDs in my county for his FS Jetstream he had on his truck. I got the Lightbar home and opened it up and wow.... It's a mess inside, he was in the process of fixing some of the wiring and wanted to improve the bar. Well it's a bigger mess than I thought. I am looking for schematics for the Jetstream and some pictures of how "your" Jet looks under the lenses. I basically have a frame and domes and need to start fresh with a new wiring harness, power block, rotators, flashers, etc...

Just hoping to see what its supposed to look like. I have a Jetsonic, but it's 100 miles away and can't justify driving there yet to get some ideas...

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Hoser,

Thanks... I did a quick look under "Jetstream" and didn't see any interior shots. I took another look, and have found a few interior photos. IF anyone has some shots they haven't posted I am open to additional ideas, suggestions. I will keep checking the search bar for further... Thanks!

Dennis

resQyou

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Captain,

I think I have a better idea of what it supposed to look like inside... If you have any additional pics, I would like to see them. Then it's parts buying time... Also, do any of your lights have takedown lights and steady burn or just one or the other? I was considering setting my bar up with a steady burn "blue" since red is a no-no here in Indiana...

Dennis

resQyou

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
resQyou said:
Captain,

I think I have a better idea of what it supposed to look like inside... If you have any additional pics, I would like to see them. Then it's parts buying time... Also, do any of your lights have takedown lights and steady burn or just one or the other? I was considering setting my bar up with a steady burn "blue" since red is a no-no here in Indiana...

Dennis

resQyou

Dennis, Ill check my picture file for more. I have three bars, the all red has a solid burn red, Ca spec, and alley lights; the red/blue Jetsonic has a solid red, alley lights and take down lights; and the amber has no alleys or steadies. Hope this helps. Ill check for more pics. I fI dont have any I can always take some specific for what you need.

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Captain,

The photo link was helpful thanks. Your Jets look great... I am also considering getting a jetsonic and gut the bar for parts or possibly go the Vista rotator route... The fpm difference is very attention getting. When completed this will go up on my Yukon as my primary warning for VFD response... Getting sentimental and wanting a little rotation to supplement the LEDs I am running....

Dennis

resQyou

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
What type of Jetstream do you have? Does it have motors for each individual rotator or is your Jetstream chain driven with a single motor? I too have a Jetstream but mine is chain driven and features the smart rotators that also operate as flashers. If yours is like mine, let me know and I'd be happy to take photos of it for you.

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Wheels,

I pulled the covers off my jet again to take a better look this morning. My Jetstream has independent rotators rather than the chain driven. I believe the Jetsonic I have at my parents place has the chain drive though. It appears at one time it had at least three rotators two outboard and a center rotator. The "center" rotator has had the motor/reflector has been removed and it was connected to a round "automotive" flasher... It has two cascade mirrors and a set of front flashers...

Lots of work to get this one more/better operational...

Dennis

resQyou

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.