FS Smart Siren SS2000SM-SC AUX Relay question and data cable.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
I have a SS2000SM-SC siren by Federal Signal. What I am wanting to do is set up my smart siren to also run my Carson volunteer siren. I have it wired up currently and the only thing that works right now is the horn button on my Carson. I cannot get Auto/wail, yelp, mechanical, and Manuel to work. Anybody have any idea why it is not working. Does power get sent to the aux relays from the light system? if it does how do I turn the power off from the light system. I think that might be the problem.

Also My data cable I received to go from amp to controller is to short. I was told a regular phone cable would work. I compared the two cables together and the FS cable has 4 wire inside of it and a reg phone cable has only 2 wires in it. Is that a problem?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Professional upfitter eh? ;)

All the questions you need answered can be easily answered if you review the install/user manual for a FedSig Smart Siren. If you have all the wiring done correctly I'd suspect the aux relay outputs are not programmed properly for your wanted application....

You can also find phone cables with 4 wires- costs a bit more than the standard 2 pair. IIRC, one wire on the Smart Siren is switched up... again the install manual will give you better guidance on how to go about this.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/installation.php?id=112

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
No I need amateur upfitter. lol. Well I read over the installation guide and it says nothing about it that I can tell. I'm just going to use a relays probably if I can't figure it out.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Ok.. let me see if I got this right.

1. SS2000SM-SC- you are using the AUX relay outputs to turn on/off your Carson Volunteer siren.. ?

2. (Gotta ask, why not simply use the SS2000 for siren tones?)

3. Is each Carson siren option on individual AUX relays? If so, which ones?

4. Have you programmed up the SS2000 aux relays to operate in a simple on/off fashion? (no double tap, no 8 second delay timer enabled, no "have to have pursuit switch in 1, 2, 3, mode to operate?)

5. If the carson horn ring is working, where is it connected to, and what button/switch is controlling it? (your vehicle horn, aux output on the SS2000, etc)

6. Are all the dip switch settings correct on the Carson siren? (including power on options, etc)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.