FS Touchmaster Delta- No tones, back light, or push-button operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I was installing a foot-operated switch in my POV earlier, disconnected an under dash switch (the trigger wire for my amber dashlights) and discovered I no longer have siren tones, airhorn/PA, panel back lighting, or use of the buttons across the top. The slider switch functions and powers all of the appropriate equipment. I don't have a clue what I've done, since the switch itself was POWERED by the siren.

I plugged the dash lights back into the under dash switch, and flipped 'em on. All the lights that get power from the slider switch WORK, but nothing else does!

It's a Federal Signal Touchmaster Delta/UTM4 with option "AL," MFG date of 2008. I didn't find any blown fuses in the wiring, and I quite honestly have no idea what I'm looking at inside of the siren. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Make sure the red "SIREN" wire is getting +12V, the black wire is connected to ground, and check the internal 20A fuse.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Is the fuse a blade type, or "barrel" type? I only see the one Barrel type on top of the board, which looks intact. As for the wiring, I'll have to dig through it all again and make double sure everything is good.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I've seen glass fuses pass AC (60 Hz) but not DC. The DVM was no help in troubleshooting the circuit.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I haven't had a chance to check anything today, we've been busy at my station. I'll probably just replace the fuse anyways, it's been there since 2008, so it couldn't hurt at all. Hopefully it isnt done for. I had 2 UTM4's that blew up on me, and one that the airhorn failed on. (Tones still worked.) I know they're prone to malfunction, but I LOVE the tones on the TM/TMDs.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I figured out what was wrong. I had a number of blown fuses in the trunk of my CVPI. I think I may have had a leak in my trunk deck weather seal or one of the antenna bases. In any case, it's fixed and a Mod can lock this thread or whatever. Thanks for the help, y'all!

Reactions: MtnMan and Tony P
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.