Full Mars Aurora Borealis Restoration

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That is BEAUTIFUL! Great jobs and great photos of it. 

And congratulations on being one of the very few people to have one WITHOUT a cracked dome!

Reactions: JennyCop

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
That is the most beautiful Aurora I have ever seen!!! :eek:   :jawdrop: :inlove:     :salivate:     :hearts:   :hail:   I am very impressed with your hard work, great job! :yes:   :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
That is flippin gorgeous, WELL done! I feel like we are going to need video, you know, so we know those aren't just photoshopped pictures :D

Beautiful!! Only one thing would outshine this beauty--NOS NIB!!!

My AB has a decal on the front side of the platter that referred to it being Union made. Perhaps another AB owner has one that is intact--it would be easy to replicate. As my decal was partially damaged when I got it, I decided against restoration, but your work is inspiring!

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1429050682.694515.jpg

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The mechanism underneath looks weird when it's running, but the flash effect is awesome.  The Mars Aurora Borealis is my all time favourite light bar.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Reactions: kitn1mcc

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Better than NIB. That's hardcore dedication right there to out-do Mars in their presentation of the AB. Awesome work, Sascha!

a3.bp.blogspot.com__qUH2sD4GWB0_UUn5xBphLjI_AAAAAAAAA2o_MMYWv7073126e0480f9eada327963dedc588f0.jpg

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I've never seen anyone take AB restoration to this level. It's amazing just how much better you can make something look with enough elbow grease. 

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
What's even more impressive is how the paper towels in these refurbs have nary a speck of grease, dirt smudge or oil drop--how come mine never look like that :lol:  ?

Bu-tee-full!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That is probably the smoothest-sounding AB I've heard in a video. Good job on that part!

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Beautiful piece of history. I'm in awe.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
This is absolutely beautiful work and a beautiful light.

I have taken long days before to restore lenses, but not a full week. This is quite stunning and the result shows.

I'd suggest to add your polishing process in the Sticky tips&Tricks thread and this dome look better than new.

Very nice work :)

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.