Funding to build a fire station

Pcad1429

May 24, 2010
Crocker Mo
Looking for sites that may provide help to assist in building a station we have the property. We are stuck between two stations in town because our single bay station is the only one to house our engine and tanker, Our 4 bay station isnt tall enough. It is really preventing us from doing alot, we cant purchase another engine in the future because we have no where to house them due to the height of our main station. and our engine station is allowing rain water to come in thru the walls creating mold... Any help or suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks

Pcad1429

May 24, 2010
Crocker Mo
we own one and rent the other and yes we do plan on selling but cant place our trucks anywhere if we do... i know we applied for grants thru fema but where shot down not sure about state tho

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Sometimes there are special grants for combination buildings, like if you share it with the town highway dept. or other municipal service. Our rescue squad station also houses the village PD.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Pcad1429 said:
wont create enough for the size of station we need
If fundraisers are done over time like years, then the money can be available when your ready to expand.

Are there any loans you can apply for? If you guys are that busy and need that much apparatus what about Municipal funding?

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Do you have any tradesmen in your department? I know a small township FD that saved lots of money by having the firefighters build the station, for the most part. It turned out really well!

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
FireEMSPolice said:
Do you have any tradesmen in your department? I know a small township FD that saved lots of money by having the firefighters build the station, for the most part. It turned out really well!

Our Chief is an electrician for Alcoa and he recently rewired our whole station and wired our new annex. He even did the siren which is 3 phase; I don't think too many average-Joe firefighters could hook up a beast like that.

Pcad1429

May 24, 2010
Crocker Mo
Were poor but fortunate compared to others. We have been lucky with truck and gear grants... But really need a station... We have 2 electricans but theres still the cost of all the supplies not to mention the concrete...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.