Funny vanity license plates

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
what are some of the funniest vanity (registered)tags you have seen in your state

the funniest one so far i seen fits this board,it was on a old wht cvpi @notacop

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Working DWI Checkpoint the other night I saw a car come through with a license plate of "LUVACOP".

About 30 minutes later the car came through again...
:D

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
My favorite is RJNCAJN, but i've seen some other cool ones like a guy that works at walmart has one that says 2FAST4U.

Some guy has a yellow jeep wrangelr that says SHRTBUS and I've seen one that was just "666"

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
My plate is "EZ 2 NV" and of course I think it is funny...and slightly cocky :)

"Easy to Envy" for those having trouble.

And yes it would be more appropriate on a Lamborghini

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
IMDUI ... spotted at a waffle house... tn or ky

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Saw this in front of me one day and took a cell shot of it. Covering up for their bad driving perhaps :lol: ?

Idiot's Ford.jpg

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
In my state, the code to run a driver history, and the slang for the report, is called a "KQ".

I know a cop who rocked an Audi with a plate that read "NOKQ."

It was a nice little nod to fellow officers that would otherwise go under the radar.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Zack said:
In my state, the code to run a driver history, and the slang for the report, is called a "KQ".

I know a cop who rocked an Audi with a plate that read "NOKQ."

It was a nice little nod to fellow officers that would otherwise go under the radar.

HAHA Thats inventive... LoL

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I was going to get a plate that said '10-28' (state ten code for a license plate) but ended up getting a standard one... for now ;)

A guy I went to college with had one that said 'HIOFICR' (hi officer).

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
I have seen many inventive vanity plates in my days of traveling the wonderful Interstate system. The best one I have seen was this past summer while taking a trip about 4 or 5 hours away from home. I cannot remember the state but the plate read "FUGGIT".

Here in NC the code for a registration check is 10-28. I once saw plate that said NO10-28. I hear an patrol officer pulled that vehicle and I will be out with a NC 28 at the intersection of Jones & Vine. The dispatcher asked what the "28" was, and the officer said NO 10-28..The dispatcher wasn't too swift on that one.

OU812? was a popular one a few years back. I have also seen "YUBNOZY?" "RUSTUCK?" (on a big 4x4 Toyota) "REE-FER" and countless others with the 10-codes on them....

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
RL1 said:
I was going to get a plate that said '10-28' (state ten code for a license plate) but ended up getting a standard one... for now ;)

A guy I went to college with had one that said 'HIOFICR' (hi officer).

I wanted to do the 10-28 one too, I figured it would cause a little confusion and laughter when any officer tried to run it. But Iowa doesn't allow personalized plates that contain only numbers, so I put my badge number and department abbreviation on instead.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Saw a BMV on the way to work today with " I LUV ME"... Go figure..

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Here's my '99 CVPI.

It's supposed to be Carver Fire Company 1. But unfortunately, a lot of people think it's the chiefs car, because every town in Plymouth County uses the designation C1 for a fire chief.

C1 was not used 10 years ago when I got the plate.

Also customized the Ford emblem with scotchlite.

ai288.photobucket.com_albums_ll191_CFD125_visibar_VisibardoneFiretruck019_1_1_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
My partner and I spotted this guy one day at work. Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture. It reads "MR VAG"

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p294_jwolfson43_mrvag.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
There's a University of Virginia plate with a big orange V on the left side... which has apparently been abused.

at0_gstatic_com_images_abd01deeebb34d9d619cf22c74249d01._.jpg

Reactions: ShadowSwipe

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Here in Ontario we've got a 4 letter, 3 number scheme that was adopted within the last 12 years or so (Example: ANVC 358).

About 4 years ago the province filled all the possibilities in the "A" series and is now working on the "B" series (Example: BHYZ 368).

Well I always thought it would be HILARIOUS to get a personalized plate with the 4 letter/3 number scheme starting in the letter "C"...(CWNA 448)...

HAHAHAHAHA...would confuse the HELL out of everybody...especially me!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
co-worker had '10-32', which is the local 10 code for 'armed' or 'gun present' (as I try to remember the 10 code card I haven't looked at since the academy 8 years ago).

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
nerdly_dood said:
There's a University of Virginia plate with a big orange V on the left side... which has apparently been abused.
at0_gstatic_com_images_abd01deeebb34d9d619cf22c74249d01._.jpg

nice :)

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I've wanted to do mine Signal1 (armed and dangerous) or CODORGN (Code orange- psychotic)!

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
I 26 said:
Here in Ontario we've got a 4 letter, 3 number scheme that was adopted within the last 12 years or so (Example: ANVC 358).

About 4 years ago the province filled all the possibilities in the "A" series and is now working on the "B" series (Example: BHYZ 368).

Well I always thought it would be HILARIOUS to get a personalized plate with the 4 letter/3 number scheme starting in the letter "C"...(CWNA 448)...

HAHAHAHAHA...would confuse the HELL out of everybody...especially me!

So for those of us (namely me) that are a little slow, you're gonna have to explain that one.

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Ben E. said:
So for those of us (namely me) that are a little slow, you're gonna have to explain that one.

Okay, so Ontario has the following licence plate scheme: 4 letters followed by 3 numbers (AXXX 3XX).

When they came out with this scheme they started with the letter "A" fronting the 4 letters and worked right through the "A" series of plates. So theoretically they would have started at "AAAA 111". In 2005/2006 they progressed to starting with "B" (BAAA 111)...and are still working on the "B" series to this day. So, I would get a custom plate that starts with a "C"...unique because they only have released official plates starting with "A" and "B"...HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 3:30am here so forgive me if this doesn't clarify.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
yeah im still not getn it?

and for as CACPRT3

Certified Assistant of CPR Truck3

?

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
Oh I gotcha, you want to get a vanity plate that makes it look like you have a regular plate that shouldn't have been issued yet.

Hell you should get one that starts with an F or G or something, that one that starts with a C would run out of fun after a couple years :D

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Ben E. said:
Oh I gotcha, you want to get a vanity plate that makes it look like you have a regular plate that shouldn't have been issued yet.

Hell you should get one that starts with an F or G or something, that one that starts with a C would run out of fun after a couple years :D

Assuming he also has to have the month/year sticker stuff on it like we do in most (?) of the States, maybe he should see about having a year sticker for 2020 or something... :)

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Ben E. said:

Forget F dude get like z!

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
"POL1CE"

I stopped this one last night fully planning on seeing a fellow LEO. A neighboring city has some unmarked vehicles for traffic, but have these plates, so I was assuming it was a new vehicle I'd never seen before. This was on a dark pickup. If it wasn't legit, I thought the plates might have also been taken off a real LEO car as a 'joke'. I lit it up and walked up there.... paused...... noticed the "1" vs the "I" and then saw the driver, a younger kid. Told them I'd stopped them for the plates and it probably wouldn't be the last time they were ever stopped. They said they'd had the plates for several months and that the DOT/DMV 'approved' the plate beforehand. I let them on their way soon after. But...

I pulled a call for service to enter comments for the traffic stop (we don't normally do this). Admin was going to check with the DOT/DMV. I articulated that the general public, from a distance, might mistake the "1" for an "I" as I did and think that the vehicle was and LEO vehicle. I made the argument of impersonation.

Why, or why???? Some people's thinking...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.