Fuse block question

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I have the fuse block pictured below. I currently have a relay hooked to it for ignition power but would like to have the option to have power to it at times when the ignition is off. There is a place on the other side that I could hook another power wire from a constant hot with a switch. If I power it through a relay will it back feed? Or what would the best way be to hook in a constant power option?

I should add that the connection at the opposite side from my current power source is hot with the rest of the block.

Thanks

image.jpg

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
ch31391 said:
I have the fuse block pictured below. I currently have a relay hooked to it for ignition power but would like to have the option to have power to it at times when the ignition is off. There is a place on the other side that I could hook another power wire from a constant hot with a switch. If I power it through a relay will it back feed? Or what would the best way be to hook in a constant power option?
I should add that the connection at the opposite side from my current power source is hot with the rest of the block.

Thanks

Looks like that should work adding a second line to the other side of the fuse block, through a switched relay, OR you could take your new switched lead, attach to the existing ignition lead, put in a diode on the existing lead, and you would be good to go without having to add another stud, relay, or power source. The diode will keep it from backfeeding, and it will use the existing wires that are already in place.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.