Fusion dillusion confusion...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So I have a new set of fusions that have replaced my water logged pink appolos.

I have them installed but the patterns are starting to tick me off...

I have mode one set as red white.

Mode 2 is slow alternating red

Anytime I swap between modes it's wipes one mode memory...

I set mode 2. Went back to mode 1. Mode 1 becomes unsyced and on 2 different patterns I didn't have set...

Go set mode 1 again and mode 2 goes unsynced and different patterns. The blue wire is not touching anything grounded so I know it's not that. This has happened 4 times tonight...

Any ideas?

I didn't have this problem with my other 2 on the side windows, but they are synced with cannons and not themselves...

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I had an issue like this before. One of the heads was bad, and i had them send me a new one. This was after 3 hours of aggravation. the other thing is, do you have the sync wire tied in with any other manufacturer product? I know itsa silly question but i know when I'm adding and moving stuff, all the time i tend to forget what worked well 2 years ago may not now lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Shouldn't be wiping memory for all modes.. just the mode it is on

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I had an issue like this before. One of the heads was bad, and i had them send me a new one. This was after 3 hours of aggravation. the other thing is, do you have the sync wire tied in with any other manufacturer product? I know its a silly question but i know when I'm adding and moving stuff, all the time i tend to forget what worked well 2 years ago may not now lol

I have 2 t3 and these 2 fusions in the grill they are not all 4 synced together.. only the fusions.. and the t3s themselves.. they do however share 2 common grounds. i have each set of lightheads grounded to 2 different points on the frame. left side ground, right side ground.

the t 3s are not acting odd..

Nic it is wiping the memory of the opposite mode it is on.. I messaged someone we both know in town today and he said to double check to make sure one of the light heads doesnt have a "floating ground" when i get home tonight i will quadruple check the grounds

He said he had this problem with the cobras and that was usually the fix. i emailed Feniex to see what they had to say and they want a video of what it is doing.. if what i do tonight (or rather this morning by the time i get home from work) doesnt work then i will send them a video...

thanks for the replies so far!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok here we go...

program mode 1

mode 2 went crazy...

program mode 2

mode 1 goes crazy..

and 3rd verse is the same as the other 2 but in this video i show how i have not permanently re attached the blues and they are sticking up in the air so they arent touching anything...

now that i can see it on video, both lights stay as master slave but watch what they do, they both revert to the same exact pattern on the opposite side depneding on the mode selected...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so last night / this morning i connected both lights grounds straight to the battery and same problem...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
yeah... got a bad head

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
any way to know which one before i have feneix hold half my weeks pay again to send them back

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Tech support says re master/ slave them and if that doesn't work. Submit an RMA... Brand New friggin light heads...

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I feel your pain brother....... Had the same thing happen with 4 fusions brand new outta bag. 1 bad head screwed the whole thing up, and worse of all we had a tight deadline on the build. Had to buy a brand new replacement and deal with the RMA process after. it sucked but it worked in the end

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I'd like to know what the failure rate on these are . Last thing I was told by tech support after this test failed was go straight to the battery cause there may be an issue with my switch box bwahaahahahaha

I sent him an email back with voltage readings on the box.... Smh

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and another RMA sent

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I was waiting on them to reimburse me for the first RMA before I could do the 2nd.

And now they tell me because it has been less than 30 days they are sending a pair without a deposit, and covering shipping both ways

Last edited:
Reactions: StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I missed the reason for the second RMA? Also how did you determine which “head” was faulty? Was it the same head skipping patterns on its own? Thanks for the updates

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I havent, im just sending them both back LOL but i will probably play around a bit first and see if i can determine which one it is., i wasnt going to uninstall one of the ones in my side window to try to figure it out and my local guy didnt have any spares to play around with either

they both changed 1 pattern ahead everytime i reset them depending on mode...
ive been using them as "driving lights" for now...

KIMG0806.JPG

fusions on bottom and 40 degree cobras on top. (not driving with the cobras on, they light up the interior too much)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ignore the Fatman breathing but so far these are acting right...

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
And because there is no better time then when it won't quit raining to install warning lights...

Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.