Fusion Stick Amp Draw

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Do the Fusion 400/600/800 dual color bars average higher amp draw than the single color versions? I imagine the flash pattern can make a difference with the amp draw also. Does the 600 really only draw 4A max as per the Fenix website? That seems kind of low for a 6 head bar.

daniel_medic

Jun 16, 2015
Afghanistan
Ran a few tests before installing my 2 x 600s and yes only 4A per bar. Mine are only single color but I doubt the dual color draws more as the colors are not on at the same time. they are either one or the other color. you cant have a red/white unit produce both colors at once otherwise you could have yourself a pink bar.

jabbeaux

Jul 5, 2018
NY
I was looking this up today to decide what size wiring I'll need. This catalog doc has a row "current draw" under each item. You're right, for the 600 stick it's 4 amps and on the product page, that number doesn't change regardless of single color, dual color, or work light.

I hope their amperage draw #'s are believable, because the 4200-DL controller recommends 10-12awg wire for the [+]/[-] coming from battery. Based on some tables on wire guage vs voltage drop vs full circuit length and amperage, it seemed like 10-12awg would be too thin a wire if the heads ran much above the stated amperage.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Last numbers I heard was each head was about 1/4 amp when on. Being as though you don't have both colors on at one time... it's actually pretty believable on the amp numbers. If I can scrape some time together I'll see what I can do for testing on a dual color bar we have in stock.

whatevah

May 26, 2010
Delaware, USA
We did a quick test a while back with an 800 stick on steady burn... around 4.5A with engine running (~13.5V) and around 5.5A with engine off (12.8V). Depending on flash pattern, the average draw will be closer to 2amps.

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
We did a quick test a while back with an 800 stick on steady burn... around 4.5A with engine running (~13.5V) and around 5.5A with engine off (12.8V). Depending on flash pattern, the average draw will be closer to 2amps.
Got it, so a 600 would probably max out at 4.5A on steady burn and average well below 4 when on a pattern. I'll fuse it at 5A

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.