Fusion Visor Patterns

jrc6702

Oct 18, 2019
Virginia
I am looking at getting a Fusion Visor but am curious about the flash patterns as I would like to sync it with some grille fusions, but one of the patterns I am interested in is not available on the bar. Is there any way I can rig the bar to flash on half/half on the double combo pattern available on the surface mount Fusion's?

Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
I am looking at getting a Fusion Visor but am curious about the flash patterns as I would like to sync it with some grille fusions, but one of the patterns I am interested in is not available on the bar. Is there any way I can rig the bar to flash on half/half on the double combo pattern available on the surface mount Fusion's?
Not sure if I am interpreting your thread right, but I will post based on how I understand it. "SYNC" means that all light units must posses (or be capable) of putting out the same flash patterns as the rest in order to "SYNC" as defined. Meaning, one light unit that has a pattern that another doesn't is not "SYNCABLY" (if thats a word) possible, as one light unit can not program another. Even light units that share the same flash patterns have to be programmed individually to the same pattern before they can be synced. Lightheads that do not share the same pre-programmed patterns will not sync, and definitely can not be modified to do so. Now lighting that is controlled by an external control (I/O board) is different then light units that have flash patterns built in to each individual light head. Hope this helps!

jrc6702

Oct 18, 2019
Virginia
The Fusion Interior Lightbar uses a 10x controller and cannot be sync'd with other products. If you were handy enough, it could be done, but you'd have to bypass the 10x and tie everything else on the vehicle to a central controller like Cantrol or BluePrint.
I see now that my original question was worded poorly, but this is along the lines of what I was referring to. Are the still the regular surface mount modules with their own internal drivers too, or are they purely the LED light heads hooked into the 10x? I was hoping it would be similar to their 2x Dash lights where I could take and hook each head up individually, bypassing the bar’s driver and treating it like 8 fusion heads mounted in the visor. I am running everything through a Sapphire at the moment, sounds like I might need to get some ULF44’a or a smart flasher to go with it. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Last edited:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I see now that my original question was worded poorly, but this is along the lines of what I was referring to. Are the still the regular surface mount modules with their own internal drivers too, or are they purely the LED light heads hooked into the 10x? I was hoping it would be similar to their 2x Dash lights where I could take and hook each head up individually, bypassing the bar’s driver and treating it like 8 fusion heads mounted in the visor. I am running everything through a Sapphire at the moment, sounds like I might need to get some ULF44’a or a smart flasher to go with it. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

The Fusion visor bar are pretty much dummy heads with no internal flasher. The operate off the (External to the lighthead/internal to the fusion visor frame) 10x controller. The 10x controller has 10 outputs... the visor uses 8 of those as there are 8 modules and each one has it's own flasher.

The issue you will have syncing everything is if you do not have the V3 surface mounts in the 2x or surface mounts... the v1/v2 versions do not play well with external flashers

jrc6702

Oct 18, 2019
Virginia
I have V3’s, so I should be fine on that front. I’ll have a look after I buy the bar and see how I want to set things up, I have also considered running the bar on nightrider instead of double flash, but I might also see if I can get the attack patterns to look good before I try a flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.