Fusions Behind Tint

crazytaxi1000

Sep 2, 2014
California
Starting a new all amber build on a 2015 Charger in the next couple weeks, all Feniex lighting. Would like to tint the windows on the car first... But need opinions. Would like to use 5% tint along the top of the windshield, as well as on the side and back windows. Will the Feniex Fusions with 40 degree optics still effectively punch through 5% tint during the daytime? Would it make a huge difference if 15% tint was used instead of 5%? Would like to keep the setup as hidden as possible, but would also like to still be seen.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
You would see a huge difference going through the 15% over the 5.

5% tint is going to hamper punch on anything... but the 40° is going to handle it as about as well as anything else you could find in the market.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Unless your looking you don't see them through 20 especially when your windows get dirty...

Reactions: crazytaxi1000

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
KIMG0460.JPG
Just took this to show you nightime

The flash is off a harbor freight led head lamp... I think it's 310 lumens

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
On my truck I had 5% window tint all around. I had a Cobra 800 in the rear glass that still punched through pretty well but I had it almost right up against the glass. I had a fusion ILB up front behind a 5% windshield strip, you could still see it during the day, but the light output was drastically cut down as others have stated. I'd go with 15% or so if you're intending on putting lights behind the tint and still having them be effective.

53cub

Dec 2, 2018
Virginia
I have all mine behind tint, not feniex. Behind my grille I have stl bar disassembled, sprayed with taillight tint, I have visor bars behind 20% windshield brow, I have 3 light bars in the back window behind 5% (these are ebay cheapos for now), and a set across my tailgate also tinted with taillight spray tint. All are very visible in the daylight though you can obviously tell they are tinted. At night the truck is very bright but helps with the tiny or it would be blinding. Picture is the grille, there are 7 light heads 4 with 4 LEDs and 3 with 3 LEDs and with the switch off you can't tell any lights are on the truck.

Attachments

• 20181006_173301.jpg
    20181006_173301.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 22

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
Hey yall, anyone have thoughts on fusion t3 coming through a 35% tint in a rear passgner/trunk side window?

35% tint is pretty tame all things considered, and the Fusion T3's use a 40 degree optic which is pretty much spot on for what you want to penetrate notable tints.

I would just suggest making sure the module is as close to the window itself as can be for the best spotting through, the main caveat to this is I do not believe Feniex's window mount bracket's will fit the T3's due to the curvature so you might have to get creative with mounting against the window along a window frame/pillar/etc.

That said if you wanted it mid-window of some sort, for an extra $20 (assuming you're buying these new) you could get the Fusion FSM which also supports the window mounting bracket and also has the 40 degree optic housings still. You'd also get some extra lighting oomf out of the Fusion FSM as it has 6 LED units vs the 3 of the T3s. They are however roughly 2 inches longer in width though if that's any concern.

Edit: In retrospect of realizing the original post comment dates, this might have been better also asked in a new thread, not reviving a 5 year old one :p

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
necrothreading...

Synapt

Mar 30, 2023
Pennsylvania, United States
it was an apt revival

Well if you're signing off on it all good to me lol.

That said an unrelated note, seeing as this subforum seems to be heavily populated with Feniex oriented questions, any reason there hasn't been a Feniex subforum made yet? Their pricing these days (on most things at least) is definitely putting them more into the normal consumer availability than just exclusive to emergency services.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well if you're signing off on it all good to me lol.

That said an unrelated note, seeing as this subforum seems to be heavily populated with Feniex oriented questions, any reason there hasn't been a Feniex subforum made yet? Their pricing these days (on most things at least) is definitely putting them more into the normal consumer availability than just exclusive to emergency services.
there was a feneix subforum.. it was merged into this so thats why it is this way

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.