Fyr Fyter Penetrator Siren

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Here is my latest vintage toy, a 60's era Fyr Fyter Penetrator. Only siren tone is a long roll wail. Definitely in the oddball category. Sounds great and has nice backlit face. Just needs a good cleaning. A product of good 'ol Dayton, Ohio, my home town! Penetrator Siren 008.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]Penetrator Siren 007.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]Penetrator Siren 006.JPG[/attachment:2ij71nic]

Penetrator Siren 006.JPG

Penetrator Siren 007.JPG

Penetrator Siren 008.JPG

Matt C.

May 24, 2010
Covington, Ky
It should also have a slow yelp tone.

The tones of this siren are very unique and that's a good find. :) Now you just need the 58 watt

big mouth siren speaker.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Cool! I guess I gotta share the one that I got for free last year from a volly dept up north of Fargo.

LTS-SRNS 041.jpg[/attachment:5l6qxvly]

It has the long wail tone and the low, distinctive '60s yelp. The PA transistors must be shot because I can't get anything through the mike when I key it up. Oh, well, it's the siren tones that matter most to me! When I get time I'll post a video of it. You've got the deluxe version compared to mine, Crescentstar69 :lol: .

LTS-SRNS 041.jpg

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The pushbutton version looks like it is a deluxe model. Most of the Penetrators I've seen had the rotary selector knob.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Drooling yet wailer?

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
squad 51 fan said:
i know where there are 3 fyr fyter sirens for sale, try njemergencyvehicle, i can't remember the log on!

Uh, Yeah........... That's where this one came from. Only took 34 days, 10 e-mails, and a Paypal dispute AND escalation to get them to get off their duffs and ship it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
No problem, 51 :cool:.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Yes they have some, just be very careful trusting them. I also threatened to file a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General's office and the BBB. Got several lame excuse e-mails about why he hadn't shipped, then no responses at all until the Paypal claim and escalation. I can't imagine why he let it turn into some big deal. It isn't hard to throw it in a box and take it to the P.O. I do it all the time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.