Fyr Fyter Penetrator

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Saw the thread by @MtnMan about him restoring one of these. Amazing work, MtnMan! Before seeing the thread, I've seen this siren on YouTube and have been pretty curious about it. It has an amazing wind-down and is all in all, a great sounding siren. From what little I can glean is that there was a push-button model and one that used a knob. The button version was the fancier of the two. Would love to know more about this siren!

Videos from YouTube:

Reactions: CrownVic97

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The sirens in the videos are the 12PT75 (rotary switch) and 12PT75-B (pushbutton) models. I've repaired one of the "B "versions.

According to the documentation, there was also an "M" variant, with component substitutions for a faster cycle rate and higher pitch.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Both are lovely sounding sirens. Nothing quite compares or can substitute the real oldies! What more can you tell me about this model of siren and of the Penetrator in general? It immediately strikes me as a family of sirens that's more than a bit on the rare side!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I have one of the rotary switch versions I will sell should someone be hunting for one. No wiring harness, so unknown working condition. I know a guy who could likely assist with that though! (coughcough MtnMan cough cough)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.