Garage sale,bargain!!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
First reaction: "Holy Schnikies!"

You made out great on that Dominion! Why can't garage sales around here have awesome stuff like that :(?

Reactions: Mndlm

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
That thing looks mint ! I bet when you saw that $20 tag you grabbed it, threw the money at them and ran. Lol.. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Mndlm

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I've spun that thought in my head a few times, Lenny. I'm thinking a lot of my older sealed beam piecess will go to museums and personal friends. The rest might end up either on here or eBay. Who knows?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
The wife and I was talking about that recently. I had bought my model 14 from a guy who obtained it at an estate sale. The retired Fire Capt had passed and his family sold everything he had. This guy said he bought his class A, helmets and momentos of all sorts. The beacon I bought has an inscription where it was his retirement gift from his crew. I knew I had to have it because of that, I am also a retired Fd Capt. it is really sad.

I just recently bought a vintage Lt's badge from my department off of Ebay.. Again, some family member sold it off no doubt. Fortunately my kids have been taught about sentiment and the importance of history. I just hope they wait until I'm gone to start dividing it up among themselves ! Lol.

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
There was a older fellow about an hour's drive from me that used to own the ambulance service in his town many years ago and he was an avid collector of mostly beacon lighting and mechanical sirens. He and I developed a nice business and personal relationship over the last 40 or so years but he was in declining health the last few years. He knew his time was near last year over the Christmas holidays and we discussed how to disperse his collection when the end came and he surprisingly said he would like for me to have some of them. He passed away earlier this spring and at the funeral, his widow asked if I would assist her in inventorying his collection and determine each item's value. I told her I obviously would, but I did not mention that he wanted me to pick a few out for myself. She is elderly and can't do much physical activity anymore and to my dismay, said she prefers to let everything go in one lot to make it easier on her. To avoid bringing up my conversation with him and looking greedy, I decided the best way to approach it was by volunteering to do the packing and shipping of some of the individual items in exchange for getting to pick a couple as compensation. I told her getting rid of everything at once would be almost impossible, since it would require a buyer to come pick them up, and I was not aware of anyone within a hundred miles or so of our location that would be interested as a collector. Plus, without being physically able to inspect them beforehand, someone from far away buying them sight unseen except for pictures probably would not happen. I am going to see her later this month to do the inventory and will keep everyone posted on how she decides to proceed with them.

Last edited:

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Very nice catch, Christian!

I propose a group picture of this baby with your others 357s. Would be beautiful to see, as I know you have a pretty 357 family!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.