Gasket for use on an avenger sheild

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
Well... just as the title says, has anyone found a gasket material that works with the avenger flash back shield. looking to create a tight seal between the window to avoid any flashback.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
any kind of small flexible hose ,like airhose from a fishtank works very well. just slice it open in one spot and lide it onto edges of the factory shield

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
I had this foam laying around that i used at one point...cut it down into a little strip and gently stuff it into the cracks...don't press too hard or the avenger will become loose (if suction cupped). Try a packing material seller. UPS might have some foam that you can just buy by the sheet...

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
I use the seal that comes with Whelen's Inner-Edge lightbars it comes in about 2ft sections and it works pertty well on the Avenger shields, as well as many other applications, but like TCO said the fish tank hose will work just as well I would recommend 1/4" OD tubing

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.