GE-Powercall

Twist131

Was hoping someone could help me out. I have a GE-Powercall sure currently in use on one of our first our vehicles. The siren is is working condition how ever the warble tone it’s self is not as higher pitched as most GE’s I’ve seen. Not sure if this is a resistor problem or not!

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
A video of how it sounds would likely help folks determine if there is an issue

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
The pitch does sound off on that. A member here @MtnMan repairs sirens. Being that it is a Powercall, the Fierstein Brand (who took over Powercall rights and production) also repairs Powercalls.

Cleaning Traffic

Silver Supporter
The pitch does sound off on that. A member here @MtnMan repairs sirens. Being that it is a Powercall, the Fierstein Brand (who took over Powercall rights and production) also repairs Powercalls.
May sound crazy, by am a "process of elimination" person. The problem is the "sound" which is where your speaker comes in. Wouldn't hurt trying that first (swapping with a different speaker) before migrating up to the more expensive components.

MtnMan

The Power Call siren was designed to have customizable tones by substituting caps and resistors in the oscillator circuit. There's a page in the manual that describes ranges of values for R36, R41, C9 and C10.

So, it's possible that that your siren was intentionally modified, or it could just be a component that's drifted out of spec over the years.

hitman8895

Registered Member
as somebody who grew up in the washington DC area in the 80's and 90's, nothing sounds wrong with this powercall. you have some that are deep pitched and some that are high. some have a slow warble, some have a fast one. honestly to me the deeper pitch powercalls always sounded the best. you could have 15 powercalls lined up and they all sound different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
bladel74
Top Bottom