Genuine LAPD Federal Signal Aerodynic 24EAH-T lightbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Hmm

we might be looking at the dawn of the Aerodynic on Ebay... lol

Between a regular Aero going for $350 plus shipping on the bay  and now this

I'd be interested in a LAPD bar but not $1K interested...

Reactions: tsquale

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Agreed on all. Gonna watch this auction and see if they get a grand for it or not.
if someone buys it for a grand i have a "vintage" Edge they can have for $799, shipped

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
And that's not even a complete LAPD Aerodynic.  I don't see the Hella dual 50w halogen alley lights, or the arrowstick.  Wonder how much I could get for my setup then?  :)

wolfman

Jun 18, 2013
PA

Jul 14, 2014
NV
21 hours left and still no bids, hopefully he will get the message.

And $1,000 for a CTS....I could make $850 on mine then.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Is the seller an elb member?

I just tossed him a message being pretty honest about what I see in the pictures and what the light needs.

Anyone take note that most if not all of the screws securing the bar to the frame are gone?

Bar is very dirty, and its missing the Hella Alley lights...    I can't even gauge dome condition because Ebay has stupid rules...

Seller if you an elb member PM me...

lol

Difference is this was a CTS Short bar..

Much Rarer then a CTS...

though still not worth $1K

If you have the dough though... by all means..

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Some people don't learn. He re-listed it for the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151557512077?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D151557512077%26_rdc%3D1

Is the seller an elb member?

I just tossed him a message being pretty honest about what I see in the pictures and what the light needs.

Anyone take note that most if not all of the screws securing the bar to the frame are gone?

Bar is very dirty, and its missing the Hella Alley lights...    I can't even gauge dome condition because Ebay has stupid rules...

Seller if you an elb member PM me...

lol

Difference is this was a CTS Short bar..

Much Rarer then a CTS...

though still not worth $1K

If you have the dough though... by all means..

The Ebay rules for selling vintage lightbars are BS. Like I'm gonna put a 20 year old bar on my car and play cop.

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
O man if that cal aero can grab a grand on ebay I think we all mite be rich. Humm what to collect now..

Citabria7GCBC

May 21, 2010
Houston Texas
Thanks. It had brand new lenses put on when I purchased it a little over a year ago. Although others may not consider the LAPD Aerodynic a holy grail, it is for me.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Mine is primo with a frame off restoration and new domes. If he gets 1k then wow...just wow...too bad I am banned for life on the Bay..

Citabria7GCBC

May 21, 2010
Houston Texas
I'm going to wire up mine in the game room. My plane is to connect it to a timer and the door bell switch. My goal is to have it run 15-20 seconds if someone rings the door bell.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
I'm going to wire up mine in the game room. My plane is to connect it to a timer and the door bell switch. My goal is to have it run 15-20 seconds if someone rings the door bell.
Not to hijack the thread, but here's a little something I made a few years ago. Might be a start for your project :)

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Thanks. It had brand new lenses put on when I purchased it a little over a year ago. Although others may not consider the LAPD Aerodynic a holy grail, it is for me.
My comment about the  "holy grail" was in reference to the Ebay listing and an attempt to justify the high price therein. It was not a diss on Aero's, LAPD version or otherwise. 

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Dumb question.... what makes an "LAPD" bar an "LAPD bar"?

Is it clear takedowns and steady burn red and flashing blue up front?

Jul 14, 2014
NV
several things, the flashing/takedown white in the center of the bar, steady red and blue to the front, amber alternating flash to the rear on drivers and pass side.  LAPD and most CA law enforcement agencies had their lightbar controllers set up so slide position 1 was rear amber only, 2 amber plus steady red/blue to front, 3 all lights. The center white lights in position 3 alt flash and could be over ridden by a switch so they were take down lights.

Reactions: AJ3814 and acklover

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
several things, the flashing/takedown white in the center of the bar, steady red and blue to the front, amber alternating flash to the rear on drivers and pass side.  LAPD and most CA law enforcement agencies had their lightbar controllers set up so slide position 1 was rear amber only, 2 amber plus steady red/blue to front, 3 all lights. The center white lights in position 3 alt flash and could be over ridden by a switch so they were take down lights.
..........also the lense configuration and the "Hella" alley lights custom welded/ mounted to the mounting feet by LAPD fleet services,the etching and the model #.  Last but not least the actual use by LAPD.

photocredit:eric6913, policecarwebsite

LAPD25.jpg

LAPD251.jpg

LAPD252.jpg

LAPD253.jpg

LAPD254.jpg

LAPD2514.jpg

LAPD2515.jpg

LAPD255.jpg

LAPD257.jpg

lapd173.jpg

lapd213.jpg

images.jpg

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
How cool. I'm not necessarily a "huge" fan of those because of their speed-robbing size, but...... 1) They are very effective (and cool) lightbars, and  2) To have one "authentic" and in that good of condition is really neat.... and really in a city environment, you most likely won't need to push 120+ in pursuits.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
How cool. I'm not necessarily a "huge" fan of those because of their speed-robbing size, but...... 1) They are very effective (and cool) lightbars, and  2) To have one "authentic" and in that good of condition is really neat.... and really in a city environment, you most likely won't need to push 120+ in pursuits.
If an Aerodynic slows your car down, you need a bigger engine. Problem solved.

Reactions: toon80 and acklover

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
In today's world, maybe. But back when... I know many officers I grew up around that cursed them, in addition to the Yankee Dietz, and the Whelen "half strobe half rotator" (can't remember the model), and the Tomar's. And these officers were running 360's and 440's in their Dodge/Plymouths, 351's in the Crown Vic's, and 350's/LT1's in their Caprice's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.