Getting tired of old set up, need new ideas!

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Alright boys and girls, need a new setup. All must be amber or amber and white.

I currently have

knock off Voltex Redhawk interior lightbar mounted on my rear deck. (would trade for two amber single talons)

ELS 4 head amber bar on dash (not sure if i should keep this installed or sell it if i buy all the other equipment)

White lin3's in grille

And i will be purchasing a Whelen dual avenger (A/A or A/W), an Slimlighter (A/A or A/W), Amber lin3's and maybe some white led hide aways.

So should i put the slimlighter up front above the rear view or the top of the rear window? I figured i'll put the amber avenger on the dash and amber lin3's on a lp bracket. But im not sure if i can put lin3's on an lp bracket because well take a look

[Broken External Image]:http://usera.ImageCave.com/FastLT1/plate.jpg

Shoot me some ideas!!!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
What do you use it for? Helps to know if you will be on the side of the road (more rear warning needed) or doing 'security is here' type of thing (all over lighting).

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Mostly for search and rescue! So side warning isn't really important.

nybucketman

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I would put the dual avenger above the rear view mirror and the slimlighter in the rear window. The TIR leds punch through window tint better. It just so happens I have an amber TIR6 slimlighter with a custom flashback shield for sale for $150.00 shipped in my for sale post too.

GaryErrol

May 28, 2010
Indianapolis
If amber/white is legal in your state, I'd go for that as I think it makes a good looking setup to the front. However instead of a dual Avenger, I'd get two separate single Avengers. I think spreading the two lights out just a little bit adds more punch (my opinion). I use two signal Talons in amber/white. Mine are not sync models so I set them on two different flash patterns. One is on a single flash setting and the other on a variable speed. It works very well (I have video).

Using a Slimlighter MM in the rear works well, I use one. However I use mine as secondary warning on really bright days. For primary rear warning I have a pair of amber RECT25's in high power. My car has Chrysler factory tint. The RECT25's are every bit as bright as my Slimlighter and give me the added benefit of off axis warning. While TIR lights are great straight on, get just a little off axis and they disappear quickly, or at least mine do. While you will be parking on the shoulder, their may be times when you have to park in a curve where your lights might not be seen until a vehicle is right upon you. Won't happen often, but one time is worth having the right warning lights.

I'm not trying to talk you out of buying the previous posters Slimlighter. It's a good price and will do at least 95% of your rear warning needs just fine, I just happen to believe in having 100% coverage no matter how I park and I think I do.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I would rather have to single avengers or talons but can't get any for a half way decent price, every time a set comes up for sale i cant afford it and by the time i can they are gone! But HPD84 is doing a good deal on avengers so i figured i'd just settle on that!

And as for the linear light to the rear, i have a really challenging problem, look at my LP where the american flag is located is where my expiration date stickers are located and cant cover them up per state law and i have too dark of tint for linear optics, so i really don't have a place to mount them. I might throw some amber rect14's in the side windows.

Or (how dumb am i) i could just buy a cheap halogen mini bar incase im ever parked at a weird angle! :oops:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.