Glass 'Bee Hive" Type Beacons

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Does anybody enjoy collecting the glass "bee hive" type lights like the Federal BR2. Lights like the ones that used to be put on the rear of fire trucks. I have 15 or 16 right now. Some NOS with box, and some rare, some not so rare.

To see mine go to 100 Plus beacons post in this section.

Dan

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
My fire dept just got a newsed truck with those lights on the back. They are Peterson brand. For some reason they are not working at the moment so I'm gonna have to investigate further than flicking the switch every time I get in the truck and expecting them to magically start working. :cool:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Pimp said:
I'm gonna have to investigate further than flicking the switch every time I get in the truck and expecting them to magically start working. :cool:
That sounds like a good troubleshooting technique to me... LoL

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Pimp said:
My fire dept just got a newsed truck with those lights on the back. They are Peterson brand. For some reason they are not working at the moment so I'm gonna have to investigate further than flicking the switch every time I get in the truck and expecting them to magically start working. :cool:
Perhaps flicking the switch a bit harder would do the trick. Kind of like hitting the side of the tv to improve reception or horizontal hold. :lol:

Yeah, how many here remember the horizontal hold adjustment on tv sets? Anyone remember tube type tv's? Damn, I must be getting old. :shock:

Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of the blinking light. I remember when they used to be on just about everything and I always thought that rotating beacons were far more effective. Nothing like a blinking amber light on a utility vehicle in bright sunshine. Might as well have nothing on the roof. :|

I've thought about adding one to my collection, but I have yet to do so.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
There are so many different brands that were used in the past. They are all somewhat the same, but they are all different in some way. They actually make a nice collection. They are also usually relatively inexpensive to obtain.

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.