Golight Stryker on a Tahoe? Thoughts?

jsearles

Mar 11, 2011
Upstate NY
Considering purchasing a Golight Stryker to mount on my 06 Tahoe. Im weighing the pros and cons and trying to determine if its usefulness is worth having a large search light on top of my vehicle. If i do i will mount it forward and central to my whelen liberty. Any thoughts? Experiences with mounting or use with a golight stryker? Pictures would be awesome if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
They are great. Personally to save holes I would mount it on the extrusion on top of the liberty. I will post some pics of one on top of a lightbar when I get to the computer with them on it.

jsearles

Mar 11, 2011
Upstate NY
Jamey@NNE said:
They are great. Personally to save holes I would mount it on the extrusion on top of the liberty. I will post some pics of one on top of a lightbar when I get to the computer with them on it.

Ok sounds great!

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Back in the late 90s I worked late tours (midnights), my "steady" RMP was a Jeep Cherokee with a Streethawk all-light bar. I had a Go-Light, I installed an eye hook in the front and rear of the suction cup mounting base, I'd suction-mount it to the center-section dome top and then back that up with a short bungee cord hooked to 1 eye hook, wrapped under the bar and hooked to the 2nd eye hook, it never got knocked off by trees or highway speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
in the past we have fabricated brackets to fit into the slots on the under side of a liberty with a plate that extends out the front you will loose a light head but it your take downs are in the center a little wiring and the stryker could be used as your td lights

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Not sure about the Stryker, but I keep a radio ray on top of my blazer constantly with the magnetic mount and I've never had a problem. Used three different patrol vehicles in the past couple of months and it even works pretty good on the hood. Driven 80+ with it, thrown it on a wet truck, on top of snow, constantly on top of salt, doesn't even budge.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I have one on my F150, the reflectors designed so it casts light over the light bar. Ony draw back is no carwashes, hand wash only...

002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.