Got my Dream pickup, 6 vintage lightbars!

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
It was only a 15 minute drive, they guy even helped me to squeeze them in my tiny car!
3 Aerodynics, 2 Sireno electra 1 Sirena Condor
funny story, the bars used to hang upside down on the ceiling in a bar, there a hooks and cables on all of them, must have been a good party! Now removing all the stuff and cleaning them up, a lot broken lenses, dust and sticky gaffer tape, but got some nice first results! Also all bars have been hacked with LED rotators!
pickup_01.jpg

Last edited:

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
What a great haul! And just 15 minutes from home! Glad you got them and can bring excise those tumorous LED growths from them to bring them back to their healthy selves. Looking forward to seeing the Sirenos cleaned up. :)

Reactions: Thomas1234

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
May I correct you of the name of the Italian manufacturer of your blue bar?
The manufacturer is Sirena Electra (Sirena S.p.A.).

Bosch tried to sell this bar with a very small sales rate so they scrapped their stock instead.

Personally I think this is one of the worst roof bars produced to date.

By the way, the AeroDynic's are AeroTwinSonic's.
Just saying.

Michael

Last edited:

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
@cmb56 thanks for the info! you are right, Sirena is the italian company with that "sausage" lightbar, its sure is a weird one in my collection. and then there's Sireno that made the twinsonic lookalike

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@cmb56 thanks for the info! you are right, Sirena is the italian company with that "sausage" lightbar, its sure is a weird one in my collection. and then there's Sireno that made the twinsonic lookalike
If you want, I can give you the model number of the Sirena bar when I find my old catalogs.
Can you tell me of how the interior look like?
The photo of the hack job you showed earlier, is that from the Sirena or the Sireno Condor?

Michael

Last edited:

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@cmb56 yes that would be cool, ive got 2 sizes,amber and blue, the blue one is like 20cm shorter (the grill part). Both have these hacks on both sides, no siren.

View attachment 164152
View attachment 164151
I have now checked one of my Sirena catalogs and the shorter bar with two rotators is called, BC 2RA H, and is 1250 mm long.
A longer bar with two rotators is called, BCL 2RA H, and is 1565 mm long.
I was assuming that it was a Sirena bar in the photos you showed of the hack job, because the motors looked like Sirena ones.
The bar was using rotators from their revolving light, Rotallarm. Yes, it is spelled correctly.
Sirena use the same reflectors in all of their warning lights so you might still be able to buy four Sirena revolving lights and be able to restore these bars easily.
I am not sure if the motor plates are identical today as for 30 years ago.
Maybe four Sirena Rotcars can solve the problem with your restoring because they are cheaper than the Rotallarm.
I looked at Sirena's web site and it seems that the Rotallarm is no longer available.
I suggest you to E-mail Sirena and ask them what rotator assemblies you need to use.
The people at Sirena is usually very helpful.

Michael

Last edited:

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Michael, thank for your information. nice to know all these details, really appreciated!
Going to look first locally (eBay lookalike sites), maybe there are some reflectors that fit the Sirena. But first i have to clean the middle part. The Sirena bar was also hacked (and sold) and indeed uses a similar motor system (although difficult so see on the attached photo) and it's got a plastic twinsonic lookalike rotator.

Funny thing that it actually used a real FS twinsonic sideplate, one i missed on my real twinsonic lightbar! (no i just have to find 1 more ;-)

IMG_0209.jpg

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Michael, thank for your information. nice to know all these details, really appreciated!
Going to look first locally (eBay lookalike sites), maybe there are some reflectors that fit the Sirena. But first i have to clean the middle part. The Sirena bar was also hacked (and sold) and indeed uses a similar motor system (although difficult so see on the attached photo) and it's got a plastic twinsonic lookalike rotator.

Funny thing that it actually used a real FS twinsonic sideplate, one i missed on my real twinsonic lightbar! (no i just have to find 1 more ;-)

View attachment 164155
The Sireno Condor should easily be fixed if the power contacts in the lamp holders are there. To what I can see you have both the upper and lower contact pieces, if not the inner contact springs are cut. If not, you need four 4416 sealed beams.

Michael

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Meanwhile...Don't you just love "before and after" pics, Aerodynic 24 RQ progress:

View attachment 164175
Yes, they cleaned up nicely.

Still, the bars you have are AeroTwinSonics, concisting of the housing of the AeroDynic and the mechanics of the TwinSonic. Federal never changed the name on the name tags of some reason.

The number 24RQ means that they where with halogen sealed beams, H7600.

Pitty you sold the Sireno Condor. Personally I should have hold on to the Sireno Condor instead of the amber Sirena Electra.

Michael

Last edited:

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The rotators used was Sirena’s and was from that times version of Rotallarm.
The photos I have found is one older version and one contemporary version but they are in incandecent 45W instead of 55W H1.
The reflectors on Sirena’s lights are of the same design on most, if not all, models so you should be able to find something that fits that you can us.

MichaelE08020B5-D8BF-4CE8-ADD4-625C789F7C57.jpeg

Attachments

• B2C27F96-60B3-404A-86C4-969BEAA2B35A.jpeg
    B2C27F96-60B3-404A-86C4-969BEAA2B35A.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 2

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.