Gotta love postal service lol.......NOT!!!!

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Sooooo heres a unique dilemma.......how the hell does a package go from nyc, to connecticut, arrive back in ny state to rochester, ny wheres its supposed to go before it comes to elmira, ny (where its supposed to be delivered to), leave ny state altogether and arrive in oshkosh, Wisconsin??

Keep in mind......anything for elmira, ny is processed in rochester, ny before it comes to chemung county (dont ask its a long story lol) and end up in a state 4 states from its intended delivery location, when it was in ny twice

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Sooooo heres a unique dilemma.......how the hell does a package go from nyc, to connecticut, arrive back in ny state to rochester, ny wheres its supposed to go before it comes to elmira, ny (where its supposed to be delivered to), leave ny state altogether and arrive in oshkosh, Wisconsin??

Keep in mind......anything for elmira, ny is processed in rochester, ny before it comes to chemung county (dont ask its a long story lol) and end up in a state 4 states from its intended delivery location, when it was in ny twice
I, too, have had two packages divert up to Oshkosh...granted I am much closer. Not sure if they altered some flight routes or what. My packages did eventually arrive though

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Heck if i know.

I know anything that is supposed to come to elmira is now processed in rochester, then comes to the hub here, and then gets sorted and sent for delivery when done being sorted.

I just dont get it.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Are you sure it didn't get routed over to UPS or FedEx.... They ship slot of stuff on regular airlines as well I'm told.

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
I have a package that was shipped from Ohio that is coming to me in NY. Arrived at their Detroit NDC on April 7th at 4:21pm and didn't depart until April 9th at 2:38am...

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I can add a funny story to this thread, a couple years ago i had to send something to alabama if i remember right, well heres how tracking went for that package:

Accepted elmira, ny (where i live)
Arrived rochester, ny
Arrived seattle, wa
Arrived in dallas, tx (i think...brain fart)
Arrived san juan puerto rico (keep in mind this was supposed to go to alabama)
Stayed in puerto rico for 3 days
Arrived in alabama to its intended city

And this was priority mail......figure that out lol

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ehh ive had things past my house twice that coulda been here in an hour trip if i had just gone to get it..

Reactions: Dave F
Jun 18, 2013
PA
USPS does this alot apparently.

Must be why the prices to ship are so insane anymore.
Domestic Shipping from Coast to Coast is almost as insane and international.

rcfd34

Oct 24, 2011
Illinois
Having same issues no wonder why they are running out of money I've stopped letting stuff get shipped usps and pay extra for ups

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.