Greetings from South Louisiana!

RIG755

May 24, 2011
South Louisiana
Greetings from down South...

I'm Ron from New Orleans (originally). Recently moved to neighboring parish for a more "quiet" area. I've been in the local fire/rescue service for over a year now (Vol), and have been on the brigade @ my refinery for over 2 yrs now. On a personal note, having a car run into my 3-month old home (2 yrs ago), I was quite impressed/relieved/thankful that the local VFD responded very quickly to prevent anything worse happening (gas line was mangled coming into the house). Within a year, I decided to join (as a FR/FF) to contribute as needed.

Anyhow... I ran across the forum a long while back, and decided to "sign up" after reading quite a bit of helpful posts on other threads. Having made a few equipment purchases prior to finding the forum, I now know (or have an idea of) what less effective equipment to stay away from. :hail: In the parish/county I reside in, Vol FF/FR are allowed to use R/W visual w/ siren for response to station (or scene) as emergency use only. Being that I live ~1 mile from my station, I hardly ever run code to the station. I started installing equipment on my POV ('07 Armada) after having been stuck at a red light on a couple of MVA (w/ injuries) call outs. In my area, DOT is in the process of upgrading traffic light systems (50/50 timed light change intersections, no sensors). Like most, I'm on a budget (I'm a family guy). So, I won't have (and don't plan on having) a real "over the top" setup... maybe just upgrade from the equipment I have. My chief & asst chief suggested a few things regarding lighting equipment & installation for effective use in our area. I'm impressed with the amount of information here on the forum.

Keep it going guys!!! :thumbsup: I'll try to get pics & video of my POV setup sometime this week.

Here's A Walk Around (UPDATED 9/11/11). Nothing too fancy, but SOS Intersectors coming soon.

Sent from RIG755's iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome sir!

Welcome to elightbars, I am Ryan from Ohio and collect the Federal Signal Twinsonic lightbar. Some around here call me the "twinsonic guru". I buy sell and trade parts for this bar. my website is twinsonic lightbars | feel free to head there and look around.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_RyanTwinGIF.gif

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_IMG_0002_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_0314001228a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_0907002043a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_Witch_468x359.gif

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_Twinsonicacres.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468