Grlstr clear lens using 52/500 lens half filters?

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
Will a half filter that you use with a 52 or 500 series clear lens fit a clear grlstr lens?

I know the 52/500 lens are longer but are they the same height also?

Just asking because I see the 52/500 half filters for sale but never see the grl half filters, if they made them.

02-0362801-** is the part # for the grl split lens with the ** being color choice.

I am not sure if this was a clear lens with filters or two half lenses bonded together

Thanks for any info on this matter.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I havent ever seen filters for a grlstr, or grlhal series light head, just spliced outer lenses, I do have 1 500 series split filter and i dropped it in a grlstr lense I have, it fit, its too wide of course but you could easily trim it, the only down fall would be that to for the retainer tabs will be removed, so the 2 1/2 filters would either need to be glued together, or 2 the lense. the hole for the lense screw is off just a little bit also, bit you could enlarge that no problem.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I have 2 blue half filters available if you need that color. They have already been trimmed and should fit your grlstr lenses.

For $5 shipped, they're yours. Let me know, thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.