Grote 7620?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Very curious about this beacon. I have a real soft spot for four beam beacons, so this one caught my attention mostly because I can get one NIB for pretty cheap. I've seen a few on YouTube and two of the three seem to have a rather high rotation speed while one had a nice and slow rotation speed. What I really want to know is if this beacon is a Grote rebrand. If so, I'm guessing a Fed Sig beacon. If this is the case, did this beacon come in fast and regular speed variants? Also, if I wanted to find replacement domes for this beacon, what could I replace them with? I want to replace one with a clear dome, but am having trouble finding replacements. Any info about this beacon would be very much appreciated!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
From what I've read, Grote beacons have nothing in common with Federal Signal, and are often regarded as a lower quality, economy product. Grote domes are taller than most and not interchangeable. They're currently produced in amber only.

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
From what I've read, Grote beacons have nothing in common with Federal Signal, and are often regarded as a lower quality, economy product. Grote domes are taller than most and not interchangeable. They're currently produced in amber only.

They have a few rebranded products, mostly Whelen Responder LPs and a few other LED minibars IIRC. I'd posted about a red Grote single rotator beacon that I have and replies said that it's a rebranded FS Model 100. The vendor that I was looking at has it for sale in blue, amber and red. Have to call for pricing for red and not a fan of amber lighting much at all, so I figured that I'd go with blue and hopefully find clear domes. That concerns me that the domes aren't interchangeable. Looks like I'll pass on this beacon. I'd rather spend the money on something more worthwhile, in every sense. Thank you everyone for your info! It saved me a few bucks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.