Grote Hill Lights ?

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
This lightbar came from north of the border, one of the domes didn't survive shipping and the other was already broke prior to shipping. Upon tearing them down i noticed the odd mounts for the lights. Is this Grote's answer to a hill light?

0305120847.jpg

0305120833.jpg

0305120834.jpg

0305120845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Looks like they used one shortened and one lengthened and slightly bent lamp retainer to create a "wig-wag" or "hill" light. Simple and very similar to the pattern used by NYPD, 15 degree up and down tilted lamps.

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
Going to see if the bar will polish out, need to find domes. It had Grote domes but they are toast, need to find something similiar to the Federal F3 domes. These light bases are bigger than the other Grote lights.

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Reminds me of the yellow Interceptor mad max bar (It's not, as evidenced in another thread). The cross-bar is similar.

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
kadetklapp said:
Reminds me of the yellow Interceptor mad max bar (It's not, as evidenced in another thread). The cross-bar is similar.

Yeah, Very similiar with the exception of the mounting feet, those mad max bars look pretty cool!!

towmedic

May 31, 2010
Montague, Prince Edward
Those crossbars were very popular on RCMP and other police agency's cars at one time. I've seen them with Grote's, DA's, Dietz, and even mini LP's. I have a couple of them. This one came with a pair of 7-11's and came off a fire truck and before that, an RCMP car. Do you know the origin of your bar?

ai1113.photobucket.com_albums_k504_towmedic292_003.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.