Grote Model 76462 Series B Beacon?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Not sure if it's quite vintage or collectable yet, but Grote no longer produces it. Got an NOS one with an mfg date of 08/97, from a fellow member a little while back and have been interested in the uses for this beacon ever since. Its plastic base is why I ask. It seems like it'd have been perfect for the back ends of an FD vehicle, but as strong as plastics can be, would it have held up to the task as the beacon's base? Equally as interested in any other info on this beacon!

Not normally a huge fan of single rotator beacons, but this one's an exception. It's a neat beacon!

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The only one I can find in Grote’s catalogue is this one.
Who have originally made it I do not know.
Regarding the catalogue it has a 795/50 Watt halogen bulb and 100 rpm.

Michael

1536554761451.jpeg

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
That can be logical because Grote also sold an European light that came from Premier Hazard in England.
Premier Hazard, Britax and Code3 is owned by ECCO.

Michael

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
I must correct myself, I forgot Vision Alert and mixed it up with Premier Hazard and that was the light Grote sold.
Vision Alert is also an ECCO company as the other I mentioned.

Michael

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Sorry for the late reply, but here are pics of the beacon. I've also included a video of it in action Apologies for the camera work. IMO, the dome almost has a tiny bit of a Signal Stat look to it.

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

Password to the video is Whelen .

Last edited:

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thank you! Happy to have a Fed Sig beacon in my fledgling collection aside from a Firebeam.

Hmm, so it's a Grote rebrand, much like what they do with Whelen Responder LPs and Blazer minibars?

It has an H1 55 W bulb.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.