Grote Model 7661x LED Minibars (e.g. Model 76612)??

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'm trying to find some info on the Grote Model 7661x series of LED minibars, such as the 76612 (Red variant). The last number just refers to the colour of the LEDs. It's an 8 head minibar that's 15 3/4" with a clear dome, but I know nothing about it besides that it also comes in a 6 head variant (Model 7660x). I'm able to find new ones for sale pretty easily, but they're very pricey and I'm just wondering if I could find any info on these bars. I've looked around a bit and can't find much at all. Are they produced by another company for sale by Grote like how Whelen produces Responder LPs and Mini Justices for sale under Grote's brand? I've attached a link to show its appearance and dimensions. Info like this is about the most I can find. Any help would be appreciated, especially why they're so bloody expensive! One of these new would set me back more than if I bought a new Grote-branded Mini Justice!

https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/products/auto-parts/grote/76612/

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That's a rebranded Ecco Blaze. The logo is visible on the top of the lens in the second photo:

76612_z2ntnzy2mti_large.jpg

Here is another photo of a depopulated variety of the same bar:

blazeledminibar_10057298.jpg

Source: https://www.oemoffhighway.com/elect...hting/product/10057299/ecco-blaze-led-minibar

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The LED version of the Blaze is no longer listed on Ecco's site, but it is still pictured as part of their Contact Us graphic:

Contact-Banner.jpg

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thanks shues! I was trying to make out the logo on the top of it but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I've never even heard of that manufacturer or bar before, so this one's completely new to me. If Ecco doesn't produce them anymore, it may explain why the Grote ones are so friggin' expensive. My jaw dropped when I got the quote for it. Not only could I could get a Grote-rebranded mini Justice for that price and still have some money left over to buy a Grote-rebranded Responder LP CON3.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.