Halogen lights through tint?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Im thinking of picking up some Federal Signal SML1's for rear deck and side warning but i have dark tint. How well do they or comparable halogen lights go through tint?

Thanks in advance

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
To some extent, it will depend upon the color of the lights. Blue usually shows up better through tint than red. Amber usually penetrates well, but believe you will have least worries if you can use blue lights.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I'd be using red and blue, or all amber! I think i'll just get some red and blue ones and buy some amber lenses that way i can use whatever is brighter!

CFD125

May 21, 2010
Carver, Mass.
Too bad you used the dark tint for the rear window (I assume 20% was used).

I did my CVPI in 20% on the side windows, and 35% on the back window.

This method darkens the whole car, and gives the back window the appearence of darker tint than it really is, but the lights shine through great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.