Handheld siren help

tritan

Dec 6, 2010
MI
I am looking for a handheld siren for my POV that will have switches built in for the tight space I have in my truck with center console. I am looking at the code 3 covert and the sound off 385. I have found a few videos of the covert on you tube and the sound off 385 is to new for finding videos or reviews. I can get both for the same price right now so it comes down to options and style. Anybody have thoughts on these siren/box controls? I looked at the sound off in person the other day with a sales man and it's pretty small. The code 3 looks a bit bigger but appears to have a few more options. I need to control about 3-4 lighting options so both will work for that . I have rear plate lights, leds on my rood rack along with a mini-bar. I also mounted a set of SO ghosts in the grille. The 3,2,1 switch will be plenty. This is my first post so go easy on me. thanks

tritan

Dec 6, 2010
MI
PM sent back. Is there a wire that connects to key on key off? My truck some time sits for 3 days at a time and I don't want a dead battery. I also wonder if there is a lock button so you don't it the lights etc on accident?

May 24, 2010
East Longmeadow, MA
The ignition wire is Orange/Black, connect this wire to a switched ignition source. For the purpose of installing a switch so you don't turn on the light by accident, I would install a switch in line of the ignition wire input of the siren/controller amp. That way you have control of the unit functioning when "you" want it to.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I have a FS SM201 FS. Control head is about the size of a cigarette pack.

tritan

Dec 6, 2010
MI
Fs units seem popular,how much? Early morning call up early today. How does it compare ?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.