Hartford's Mayor, unmarked crown vic with red/blues

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Has anyone seen Hartford, CT's Mayors cars? He has two unmarked crown vics with several security guards. This is the closest picture I took of this vehicle. The lights that he had appeared to be all whelen and they were all on steady burn. The rear window lightbar appeared to be an inner-edge but with whelen ion's double stacked. Has anyone ever seen this before? The tint was super dark so it was hard to see but I am pretty sure they were ions. The last picture is a terrible picture because it was foggy and raining and dark. These were taken on new years 2012.

Carb,Newyears,other 262.jpg

Carb,Newyears,other 263.jpg

Carb,Newyears,other 264.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
You sure it's the Mayor's? Might be just a couple unmarked... If it is, I wouldn't doubt a security detail for Hartford's Mayor, they do have one of the highest crime rates in the country.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
FireEMSPolice said:
I am sure he doesn't have "security guards" buy rather an LEO security detail

It was definetly his security guys, I saw them pull up with the mayor, all red and blue lights with steady burn feature on. Plus there were about 5 guys in suits with Barbuda in keeping a close eye on him as he made his rounds. Hartford is known for the violence. I was just surprised to see the crown vic lit up the way it was for a mayors security team.

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
I was watching some news videos on Hartford...Had no idea it was a crime ridden city. When you talk about a violent city, Hartford isn't exactly what first comes into my mind. I wonder why it is? Ot's location to NYC? I always thought Connecticut was a sleeper state.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
EVT said:
I was watching some news videos on Hartford...Had no idea it was a crime ridden city. When you talk about a violent city, Hartford isn't exactly what first comes into my mind. I wonder why it is? Ot's location to NYC? I always thought Connecticut was a sleeper state.

We have our fair share here in Connecticut. Hartford's northend is known for its gang problems. I would say there is atleast one shooting or stabbing a night sometimes including a homicide. CT has a lot of medium and small towns that are quiet but Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, and Waterbury all have a lot of street gangs all fighting for their turf. Besides from those places, its pretty mellow.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I have seen the CT State PD with the cruise mode on the whelen liberty. Was it on cruise mode only while they were parked or while driving as well.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
VolEms said:
I have seen the CT State PD with the cruise mode on the whelen liberty. Was it on cruise mode only while they were parked or while driving as well.

No this was strictly steadyburn. It was a rear inneredge, 8 hideaways, and some grille lights, and they were all on steady. The steady burn is much brighter then the cruise lights. Plus i dont think whelen makes hideaways and the inner edge with a cruise option

Last edited by a moderator:

BackYardSales

Dec 5, 2011
US - KY
NFD-102 said:
It was definetly his security guys, I saw them pull up with the mayor,

But in some cities, the security guys are all LEOs driving PD vehicles. Even the Mayor's driver is an LEO and the Limo (in bigger cities) is fully equipped.

In the 80s, the press made a big deal out of Detroit's Mayor's limo being armored.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
irsa76 said:
Apparently the brain activity is electrical, so I guess this is possible

Honestly i don't think its an electrical problem...every single lighthead on the vehicle was on steady burn...here's all the things that it had

(8) Whelen halo LED HAW's 2 front, 2 rear

(1) Whelen Inner-Edge rear

(4) Whelen Dual Head Dominators in grille

Plus this was on two vehicles exactly the same thing, if you look through the window of the rear cruiser you can see the one in front of it with the lights also on Steadyburn. This was from New Years so there were 4 guys in black suits with the mayor and everywhere that he went. Then afterwards they got into the cars and took off.

And yes I spelled Mayor wrong...I will fix it.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
NFD-102 said:
Honestly i don't think its an electrical problem...every single lighthead on the vehicle was on steady burn...here's all the things that it had

This was from New Years so there were 4 guys in black suits with the mayor and everywhere that he went. Then afterwards they got into the cars and took off.

There ya go !!

Given the time of the year, they probably didn't want to be mistaken for a couple rolling Xmas trees, so one of them came up with that helluva bright idea TO GO STEADY BURN !!

;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.