Has any Twinsonic collectors had this happen ?

6043ron

Jun 3, 2010
USA/Pennsylvania
The large black gear that gets driven from the motor is slipping on the piece that it sits on. The bent thin washer that acts to apply down pressure to the gear must not be giving enough pressure to hold the gear assy tight enough......result, the rotators won't spin. This gear is a real bear to put on as you have to compress that thin washer enough to get the "C" clip on the shaft.

Question: What is the best way to fix this ? bend the washer more , Glue the gear to the shaft ???????? I dunno. What would you do or what have your done ?

ai270.photobucket.com_albums_jj95_23LT1_DSC00116.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
dmathieu said:
Twinsonic, or Aerodynic?
Dan

"Has any Twinsonic collectors had this happen "

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Ummm it sounds like your gear is slipping with the "transmission". Check to make sure your chains are free of grease build up, check all of your bushing thru out to make sure they allow the shafts to spin freely. After that call me for a replacement assy.

6043ron

Jun 3, 2010
USA/Pennsylvania
Well all my chains were free and also not too tight nor greasy. I just swapped out the gear assy with a spare I had and it works now. Kinda seems like the other gear had just a little too much slop when it mounts to the gear assy. Maybe I'll shim it with a piece of paper and put it back together and play with it another time.

Thanks everyone!

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
This item is called a clutch. It is made to slip when something is binding or dragging in the system. The key words are "IT IS MADE TO SLIP". Make sure that the rest of the drive train works smoothly and easily.

John Dorgan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.