HAW cable AMP positions

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
quick question, what color does each wire pint go to on haw cables? I need to assemble the AMP connectors, but dont know if white coes in the middle, or red etc.

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
black - middle, red - end with raised line, white -other end

This is standard Whelen plug for strobes. Some LED plugs (500 series specifically) swap sync and power cables. I normally move my pins to the above configuration so I know that every time the red is the end with the raised line, black is always in the middle, etc.

I believe some Federal and Code 3 are on different pins.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Dependant on the supply. Find a manual and review that if it's not printed on your supply.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I got it, first reply was correct. Heres problem number 2, I wasnt paying attention and installed an amp connector backwards? any chance of that coming out?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I use a small flathead screwdriver, like one from those little kits, to flatten the tab enough to pull the wire out by inserting it into the plug. For the female ones, you might have to use the smallest one to be able to even get it into the plug. Once you get the wires out, use the small screw driver to pry the tab back up and re-insert into the correct position.

Whether the pins will pull out of the wrong plug, not sure, but I don't think so.

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
Take apart a ball point pen, and use the top end of the ink tube to flatten the tab (just push over the pin). Pull the wire back, and at the same time, pull the ink tube off. The tab will usually spring back up, it not, use a small screwdriver or knife blade to pry back up.

Chris

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I use the corner of a razor blade to pry the tab back up. It works well, and has less potential for deforming the pin.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
ncfireman1918 said:
Take apart a ball point pen, and use the top end of the ink tube to flatten the tab (just push over the pin). Pull the wire back, and at the same time, pull the ink tube off. The tab will usually spring back up, it not, use a small screwdriver or knife blade to pry back up.

Chris

Been watching too much MacGuyver haven't you? Kudos for the idea!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.