Hazing?

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
That is completely unacceptable behavior for the fire service.

I am glad my department doesn't have crap like this going on, my Chief would throw us out on the spot!
If that happened at my department I would kick you out and the chief would kick you somewhere else. Not a joke. I do not put up with that shi??????

Reactions: kitn1mcc

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Reactions: Storm82

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Dang they took that a little to far.... What happened to the whole tape or seranwrap rookies to the bed at night and wait for a call to come and laugh at him struggling to get free? Or the put his underwear on the flag pole?  

I remember one time they removed my bolts from my bed at the station and when I got on the bed broke in several pieces that was pretty funny or when they removed the hinges on my huge wooden locker door and when I opened it the door fell on me and almost broke my ribs. THOSE things were funny.

Those guys took it to far.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
We used to take those pull fireworks that bang when you pull the 2 strings and attach them in lockers. My padlock was wrapped with an entire roll of duck tape. When we had the old individual lockers, mine was moved into the chief's office. I heard stories of one officer's ending up in his driveway.

Harmless ribbing like this I see no issues with. The guys in this story...... WTF?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far.

Reactions: Station 3

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I had to reread Jazz'z first post....I thought he wrote anus not heinous....but yeah there's some serious problems on that dept.  Harmless pranks happen (crime scene tape wrapped squad car, Vaseline on stethoscope ear parts, bunker boots full of shaving cream, etc), but what happened there is beyond stupid....

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Good luck finding a dept. that doesn't have a sort of hazing. Have to remember that we live in the hold you hand days now and a person can cry "hazing" if you make a joke and say go find me ____.

That said, what they did was horribly too much and they deserve what has happened, and much worse.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Ellis County (TX) Grand Jury indicts former volunteer firefighters, and related persons, for sexual assault and witness tampering.

An Ellis County grand jury handed down the following indictments on Sept 8:

Keith Edward Wisakowsky, 27: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Casey Joe Stafford, 30: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Blake Jerold Tucker, 19: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Alec Chase Miller, 28: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Preston Thomas Peyrot, 19: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Brittany Leanne Parten, 23: Aggravated sexual assault and attempted aggravated sexual assault

Gavin Lawrence Satterfield, 31: Tampering with a witness

William Hamilton Getzendaner, III, 35: Tampering with a witness

Warrants have been issued for the arrests of those indicted on sexual assault charges, according to the Ellis County District Attorney's Office.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2015/09/09/grand-jury-indicts-volunteer-firefighters-for-hazing-sex-assault/71932548/

credit: wfaa.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.