Headlight flasher on 2007 dodge ram 1500

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Not sure if this is still accurate, but I remembered there being some reason that you can't install a Headlight Flasher on a newer Dodge Ram. I found the info in some Headlight Flasher Wiring instrucitons from Gall's, near the bottom of the page after the Vehicle Applications chart. Might want to check a little further before making a purchase, especially if you have any warranty left on the vehicle.

I'm sure there are some here who have experience with the Ram and can chime in to let you know if it's feasible or not.

May 22, 2010
New York City
i do remember something like that also about the ram,i seen it done once but i heard stories of frying some car computers with it..

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
A 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 utilizes a POSITIVE switched flasher, and a Diode Isolated Flasher such as the SoundOff ETHFSS-SP-ISO is highly recommended since it prevents any type of feedback from the flasher into the lighting control module on the truck. I have also had success with the Whelen UHF2150A, which can be configured as a POSITIVE or ground side switched flasher. You will want to configure it for POSITIVE switching.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
txff914 said:
Ive been thinking about doing this to my 07 ram too but ive also heard those things bout it. Let me know how it works out if things go well on your truck i might put one on my truck too.

Yeah, don't take my word for it.

cajunblitz said:
A 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 utilizes a POSITIVE switched flasher, and a Diode Isolated Flasher such as the SoundOff ETHFSS-SP-ISO is highly recommended since it prevents any type of feedback from the flasher into the lighting control module on the truck. I have also had success with the Whelen UHF2150A, which can be configured as a POSITIVE or ground side switched flasher. You will want to configure it for POSITIVE switching.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
txff914 said:
Ive been thinking about doing this to my 07 ram too but ive also heard those things bout it. Let me know how it works out if things go well on your truck i might put one on my truck too.

vonirkinshtine said:
Would a Whelen UHFPOS work?

The Solid State Diode Isolated SoundOff flasher is the most highly recommended flasher to use because SoundOff has engineered this flasher specifically for this application, and diode isolation is key to not allowing any backfeed to the BCM of the vehicle. Dodge vehicles are notorious for having BCM issues when incorrect flashers are installed.

I have had success with the Whelen UHF2150A because it has separate input and output leads for each headlight, instead of just a set of "in between" leads, like the UHFPOS. The SoundOff also just has a set of "in between" leads, but it's 100% Solid State with diode circuitry, unlike the Whelen which only has Solid State control logic.....it still has internal relays.

Even though Whelen doesn't specify the UHF2150A as a "diode isolated" flasher, the fact that it has separate input and output leads causes me to believe it does have backfeed protection somewhere in there, most likey in its internal relays.

I'd stick with what is recommended to make sure you don't have immediate issues or problems later on down the road. It's just too easy to go with the right flasher and be done with it.

CDaniels

Dec 27, 2010
Shreveport, LA
cajunblitz said:

I have the Soundoff ETHFSS-SP-ISO on my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 truck and it works great, but when I have my high beams on and turn on the HLF it shuts off the highbeam and overrides the lowbeam and flashes, it's not supposed to do that. But I believe it's due to the cold weather. My installation was done 100% right.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.