Headliner Bracket

bdd012

Sep 10, 2010
South Jersey
Looking to relocate my dual talon from below my rear view mirror on my 2000 Tahoe, to above the mirror. Unfortunately there is no room to use the suction cup mounts. I was thinking of buying a headliner bracket, but wasn't sure how it installed to the headliner. Any other ideas on how to install it? Thanks!

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Welcome to my world lol...I have an 07 Impala with the similar desire...I believe you screw the headliner bracket into the headliner. My difficulty is I didn't want any holes in my headliner...

bdd012

Sep 10, 2010
South Jersey
Exactly! That's what I was afraid of. I'm headed back to the shop now and going to start fabricating something. But I'm still not ruling out the headliner bracket. You can buy them cheap enough.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
Not sure what the interior of your Tahoe is like, but my Durango has one of those overhead consoles. There was just enough room between the mirror post and the back of the light assembly to wedge the light up there, and a small piece of double sided tape between the back of the light and the leading edge of the console has been holding it just fine for almost a year now. No drilling or brackets required.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i just used 3m double sided "heavy duty" sticky tape in my f150. been in the same spot for over 4 years

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA

bdd012

Sep 10, 2010
South Jersey
Thought about using the visor clips and that was my original plan. But after I pulled them down i noticed there was a whole plastic piece too big to fit inside any hole. Sooo plan B was to make something using the overhead console. Turned out GREAT! Couldn't be more happy. I unscrewed the overhead console and put the piece of metal in there then tightened it and it's holding them in there tight without any holes or anything...

ai645.photobucket.com_albums_uu173_bdd00012_bluelightbracket1.jpg

ai645.photobucket.com_albums_uu173_bdd00012_bluelightbracket3.jpg

ai645.photobucket.com_albums_uu173_bdd00012_bluelightbracket2.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.