Hella HERO hideaway OE bulb replacement. Whelen HALO Reincarnated!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Is the pricing for a pair...or one?
There are pricing both ways.. I don't have the price list of anything right now because of the transition but Josh can get you handled if you shoot him a quick email.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Holy crap these look awesome!
If I wanted to replace my tail/brake light bulbs with this...how would they replace a dual-filament bulb (high/low power)?

*Edit* 4-bulb Crown Victoria tail lights if that makes a difference

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I had that thought as well kind of wonder if you can put two on the same side of each this way they both flash give you a really strong flash out of your tail lights would be cool if you could do that because otherwise my strobe lights are my option the vertex don't think they get enough power out of that unless of course you go all the way down to the bottom and section that used to be the turn signal and cut a hole on that and put a vertex in that and then of course you're just lighting up the very bottom of the tail light but it's also someplace to think about putting a vertex in addition to something in the main body of the light itself this way you can maybe go in an x pattern on that alternating you know left and right top to bottom

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Anyone know ware to order a set of these heros and they able to have dual warning colors besides the indicator colors

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
How hard is it for me to get a couple sets?
not at all... email josh@jcocorp.com and we can get ya some. We are trying to stock them but they are moving pretty quickly. Josh can get ya taken care of and answer more in-depth questions about them. I haven't really had much hands on time with them.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
that is a great video and the results is awesome !

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
its certainly brighter than the stock bulb. I might get some for our personal cars just for the turn signal brake light improvements

brmvfc5

May 21, 2010
Martinsburg, WV
Looking at the options listed on the Fever website, I see the 1.0 and the flex listed. Can anyone explain the difference? I am assuming the flex is the newer model but I cannot find any information on it.

squints

Feb 4, 2019
Omaha, NE
Hello group,

The new HERO Flex series will be available starting next week.

These new HEROs have been designed/optimized for SIREN USE ONLY.
They still are equipped with Red, Blue, Amber and White LEDs. But the Flex series has four individual wires, one for each color (R/B/W/A). The Flex series comes without a built-in flashing controller, every color is “steady burn”. This gives the installers full flexibility when it comes to flash pattern programming or choosing the warning colors. Everything can be controlled/programmed with the software of your external siren. The HERO Flex lightheads have the capability to be operated with a dimmed power input signal. (example: cruise/low light mode)

HELLA part numbers:
  • 358118501 HERO Flex White for Reverse lights
  • 358118511 HERO Flex Amber for Turn lights
  • 358118521 HERO Flex Red for S/T/T lights

If you are interested, please reach out to me via hero.usa@hella.com.

Looking forward hearing from you.
Michael

Project Manager HERO Hideaways
HELLA USA

Looking at the options listed on the Fever website, I see the 1.0 and the flex listed. Can anyone explain the difference? I am assuming the flex is the newer model but I cannot find any information on it.

Check the above reply from Michael

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Does anyone know if they can be used or have be used for the park/turn on a newer (2019) Dodge Durango with success?
Hella has an application guide on their site. Or you can reach out to the guys at fever. They can look it up for ya

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Reactions: LED

Michael_Sobotka

Oct 16, 2020
Peachtree City, GA
Oh, that's interesting. During the "off" period of the turn signal flash, the Hero brain detects it as "off" and resumes the warning function.
You are 100% correct on this one. During the "off"-time of the turn signal (inbetween the turn signal impulses) the HERO Flex think they are off and will light up in the defined warning strobe color. You have to tell the siren controller, to shut off the Hideaway's warning function (siren outout(s) where the HERO is connected to), when the driver activated the turn signal.

Michael_Sobotka

Oct 16, 2020
Peachtree City, GA
Do you have a link to the full application guide? All I can find is this: http://www.hellahd.com/files/1115/8498/5085/HELLA_HERO_Flyer.pdf which is a dead link.. I need to find the the correct adapter for a 2021 Ram Classic Warlock Reverse bulb..

Here's the link to HELLA's latest application overview and the latest info brochure.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
My question is do these also function as the marker lights? I would like to get a set for my Vic, but the front turn signal bulbs are also the marker lights. I have been unable to find anywhere to confirm these do the turn signal and the marker.

Michael_Sobotka

Oct 16, 2020
Peachtree City, GA
My question is do these also function as the marker lights? I would like to get a set for my Vic, but the front turn signal bulbs are also the marker lights. I have been unable to find anywhere to confirm these do the turn signal and the marker.
Yes they do.
You can replace two-funcrion bulbs with the Hero's. They have a dimmed Park/Marker light and the bright Turn/Stop light integrated. Hero's connector gets the signal directly from the OE bulb socket, so you don't have to do/program anything, everything works automatically.

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
You would not be happening to add the 2021 Honda Pilot to the list soon? I know thats not a “Normal Emergency Vehicle”, but we are getting a few for U/C work at the Sheriff’s Office.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Are these compatible with canbus or BCM type vehicles, where there's no traditional turn signal relay and it's all electronic?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Ok I just got some info, Michael is no longer associated with Hella, apparently he returned to his home country so we won't have any updates from him, but I have contacted Hella for some support and will advise when I get someone new to join us for support and updates, cross my fingers.

For those who still have the crown Vic it is the A3 adapter for the front turn signals, this will not work for the rear backup lights but the A10 is the most promising with minor tinkering/ shaving of tabs as the backup light holder is 2 opposite tabs one big 1 smaller.
Have not pulled the tail lights yet but have spares at the house that I will check adapters that look workable for them.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And an update...
Yes the Hellas look nice in the front turn signals yes you need to use the rubber washer. No the A10 does not work for the rear the light is too long for the backup/reverse bulb spot it hits the lense, since I'm off for 2 weeks I'm gonna try and check out the taillights on a spare I have to see what happens.
These were the white heroes, ambers are on major back order.... Bummers!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Ok another update, still no answer/call back from the customer service person I was supposed to talk to a while back.... Hmmm being ignored I guess, second yes the adapter a3 for the front turn/marker light in the headlights does fit the tail lights.... But does that mean you will need 2 lights per side and what about syncing them, can you setup each individually to it's alternate on the other side so the flash pattern is unique in the rear... If so what setup to do?? These will be interesting things to try out...
And no since they removed the cut outs for the original turn signal points in the taillights at the bottom is it possible to Dremel in your own a3 type and put a set in there for maximum unique flash setup ... These and other questions will not be answered on the next episode of Soap. But we will try and play with them here as we can!

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
And an update...
Yes the Hellas look nice in the front turn signals yes you need to use the rubber washer. No the A10 does not work for the rear the light is too long for the backup/reverse bulb spot it hits the lense, since I'm off for 2 weeks I'm gonna try and check out the taillights on a spare I have to see what happens.
These were the white heroes, ambers are on major back order.... Bummers!
Ug. I just had an amber unit fail. The parking light (low-intensity amber) is out and the red/blue flash stops working after running for a while. We're about to test out the warranty process!

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Ok another update, still no answer/call back from the customer service person I was supposed to talk to a while back.... Hmmm being ignored I guess, second yes the adapter a3 for the front turn/marker light in the headlights does fit the tail lights.... But does that mean you will need 2 lights per side and what about syncing them, can you setup each individually to it's alternate on the other side so the flash pattern is unique in the rear... If so what setup to do?? These will be interesting things to try out...
And no since they removed the cut outs for the original turn signal points in the taillights at the bottom is it possible to Dremel in your own a3 type and put a set in there for maximum unique flash setup ... These and other questions will not be answered on the next episode of Soap. But we will try and play with them here as we can!
I am going to do that on my crown vic. I got after market tail lights that have a clear lower section so I can use at least legally 3 colors . I am using a whelen Core so I can run the hella as back up light, turn signal and brake lights .

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Ug. I just had an amber unit fail. The parking light (low-intensity amber) is out and the red/blue flash stops working after running for a while. We're about to test out the warranty process!
Was it water intrusion on the LEDs? Did you try pulling and reconnecting both connectors and check for crud?? Like to get a general idea myself since the front markers are easily suceptible (sp) to water intrusion. My dealer friend advised they put a bead of silicone around the washer area to hold back that, he has one if his ones go out.

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Was it water intrusion on the LEDs? Did you try pulling and reconnecting both connectors and check for crud?? Like to get a general idea myself since the front markers are easily suceptible (sp) to water intrusion. My dealer friend advised they put a bead of silicone around the washer area to hold back that, he has one if his ones go out.
No. I'm thinking it's a temperature-related failure in a 2019 Explorer's front parking/turn housing. I actually had a leak in some Explorer HERO tail light units that weren't properly sealed in the reverse lamp housing causing considerable moisture build-up and they didn't miss a beat. I've since added a quick disconnect 4-pin connectors to allow easy removal of the taillight housings to easily fix leaks, figuring Murphy's Law will keep me in good shape (my logic: if I invest a little extra time and material to make it easy to fix, it will never break again just to piss me off.)

cabunty

Sep 21, 2014
New England
No. I'm thinking it's a temperature-related failure in a 2019 Explorer's front parking/turn housing. I actually had a leak in some Explorer HERO tail light units that weren't properly sealed in the reverse lamp housing causing considerable moisture build-up and they didn't miss a beat. I've since added a quick disconnect 4-pin connectors to allow easy removal of the taillight housings to easily fix leaks, figuring Murphy's Law will keep me in good shape (my logic: if I invest a little extra time and material to make it easy to fix, it will never break again just to piss me off.)
Heat-related failure here. These are a great concept but do not appear to be fully ready for primetime.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
And unfortunately I'm giving hella customer support a Major Thumbs Down And the Middle Finger for never answering my calls or returning my calls for support. I understand from my supplier they don't contact them back either, so sorry Michael but that company is definitely not earning any loyalty or other customers from me.

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
And unfortunately I'm giving hella customer support a Major Thumbs Down And the Middle Finger for never answering my calls or returning my calls for support. I understand from my supplier they don't contact them back either, so sorry Michael but that company is definitely not earning any loyalty or other customers from me.

Still haven't heard anything?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Not a word from their support people at all in 6 months, my supplier has the same issues of no contact. So I passed it all on to Michael and hopefully he can get some answers from his corporate office at headquarters. Crossing fingers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.