Hella hero

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Anyone on here a hella dealer, or carry heros? Hella will literally not give me the time of day on my questions about them. I'd really like to use them to avoid cutting my lights....

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Michael is no longer working at the heroes division he's working at corporate office somewhere over in Europe and he has had no luck trying to get anyone at hella to respond to myself or any other dealer of their product their customer support is useless or lack of for a better word stay away from this until we can get more information back from Michael who I've contacted directly

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Michael is no longer working at the heroes division he's working at corporate office somewhere over in Europe and he has had no luck trying to get anyone at hella to respond to myself or any other dealer of their product their customer support is useless or lack of for a better word stay away from this until we can get more information back from Michael who I've contacted directly
Alrighty, plan B and normal led hideaways it is! Yeah they (the Hella hero site, whomever is on the other end of the contact us) never answer. Shame, lot of lost business....

Thanks for the replies gents, just wanted to be sure that avenue was a lost cause before cutting.

Reactions: Tango7 and fp13-2

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Alrighty, plan B and normal led hideaways it is! Yeah they (the Hella hero site, whomever is on the other end of the contact us) never answer. Shame, lot of lost business....

Thanks for the replies gents, just wanted to be sure that avenue was a lost cause before cutting.
I have them in my 2021 PIU - not sure if I can answer any questions or not?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I have them in my 2021 PIU - not sure if I can answer any questions or not?
Do you know if the price is per head, or for a pair? I also cannot use their stupid compatibility matrix. Really irritating they can't just say for this bulb, this adapter, etc.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Do you know if the price is per head, or for a pair? I also cannot use their stupid compatibility matrix. Really irritating they can't just say for this bulb, this adapter, etc.
On that note, mine cost me 100 and change per bulb without the adapters,. The adapter is vehicle specific as in just the size and tabs vary per vehicle spot it is designed for, they all click together the same way, one sized bulb one sized adapter connection to bulb just vehicle dimensions are varying.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I ordered mine from https://www.strobesrus.com/Hella-Hero-10-Hide-a-ways_p_13.html but yeah that's per bulb. What year/make/model is your vehicle? I think the compatibility is more than just the bulb, it's whether it will fit in the housing as well.
It is designed to fit exactly where the chart tells you that it will accept in the crown Vic where it fits the tail lights as well as the front turn signals but not the backup lights it hits the lens and is too long for it so the point where the adapter goes on won't fit I even tried adapting it with another adapter and shaving off the additional points to make it fit because they didn't make one for the backup lights and now we know why. The length is always the same the size of and design of the adapter is what allows it to fit into the housing that it's supposed to fit into and as long as you use the little rubber o-ring that goes with it if it's in a place where you're going to get moisture it seals it up nice and tight but the guys at strobes r Us even said that you should put a beat of silicone around it just in case goes of course those rubber is not very thick and moisture will try and get past it that's the only drawback

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
What's the consensus with these? Are they more trouble then they are worth?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I have had no reply at all since the last comment request that I had made through them the only person that was worthy of it was the original member of their company that was here on our site, but he is no longer in that position he is back at their headquarters and whatever country it was I forget and they have no real desire to resolve the issue here in the United States on it the company that I buy through strobes R Us here in pompano Beach doesn't like dealing with them at all either and has stopped carrying that line they'll only carry their regular lighting in the way of additional lighting not that you know spotlights and flood lights and stuff like that cuz that's a different division.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
We have an accouth with them and so far I have installed only two sets of the Hero.
Both times on ford 2004 crown vic and on a 2013 f 250 it caused some weird issues .
It,s supposed to be plug and play BUT we had to hard wire one side as per Hella recomendation to insure that the ground signal was good. On my car, it would randomly work or cause both front flasher to go on if I was turning left.
They would probably work fine if they are hardwired and totaly managed by lets say a cencom core but as of now not super happy.I contacted our sales rep and apparently they will send us replacement at not cost and them we will return theones we bought over a year ago.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.