Hello everyone from SoCal

Angelo Flyer

Jan 7, 2016
California
Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I have known about, and lurked in these forums for a while but never really posted much. I know this is a great community with extremely knowledgeable people, and a very welcoming place for questions and answers.

My name is Angelo, I live in Southern California (whole life) more precisely I live in Orange County. A little about me and what I do, I am a certificated pilot, learned to fly at my home airport at John-Wayne, went in the direction of being an airline pilot. Got married, quickly realized I would miss home too much and changed tracks. I still fly, but for fun. I work for the FAA now still enjoying what I love to do and be in and around aviation. I commute about 90 miles a day and had a decision to make.

I came to terms with having to sell my pride and joy, 2007 F150 Super Crew as 14mpg was not going to cut it in wallet terms. I ended up going with a Prius cant beat 47mpg now however let me say I MISS my truck. I did a lot of airfield and air-side operations. Moving about the airport required amber lights, plus my Dad had a transportation business so we frequently used my truck for roadside service to the fleet. Having the lights worked well. Had a Whelen LED Traffic advisor in the rear with 4 corner HAW kit, and two grill amber led lights. Clean simple setup, effective, I loved it.

Anyway excuse the rambling, browsing the forums and already having the Prius now I am slowly convincing the Wife on a 2016 F150 (I will see how it goes) and when I do get it I plan on setting her up right. Its amazing to see how much has changed in about 8 years with all the new lighting technology its exciting. Again sorry for the long post, just wanted to say hello and if you see a post about how to install some Feniex cannons in a modern headlight that will most likely be me hahaha.

Cheers guys, Angelo.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Hello from a SoCal expat. Just flew out of John Wayne two weeks ago. Always liked it for a smaller airport. Will fly outta there over LAX every time!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.