Hello from a Ham in Kansas

CarbonRobin

Sep 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking the forum for a few days and wanted to just say hello. I'm an Amateur Radio Operator who volunteers at different events around the Kansas City area. Currently I only have a Technician license and 2 meter radios.

I plan on volunteering for more events next year and think it would be best to add some amber warning lights and strobes to my vehicle. There are times the events are just before dawn or in the middle of the night. Other times I'm assigned a location that puts me close to a road. Any safety for me and others is my plan. The lights would never be used for driving down the road.

I'm doing a lot of reading on the website and visiting recommended links for price/manufacturer comparing.

Any other hams or volunteers out there?

several. just search for "ham" in the box. or amateur it'll pull up a few threads

I had lights then became a ham :2thumbs:

Welcome to the site. There are many hams here a lot you wouldn't even reckon.

Thank you for more warm welcomes!

I don't know the person in Lenexa, KS and I have not passed them on any roads. Glad to know there are some from the area on the forum.

I'm in the Wichita, Hutchinson, Mount Hope area! I drive back and forth between Reno and Sedgiwck county every day! Good to see more Kansas people joining!

shues said:
You might consider contacting him; he works in Olathe.

He is a really nice guy. Thank you for pointing me to him.

Fast LT1 said:
I'm in the Wichita, Hutchinson, Mount Hope area! I drive back and forth between Reno and Sedgiwck county every day! Good to see more Kansas people joining!

:)

And thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome to elightbars, I am Ryan from Ohio and collect the Federal Signal Twinsonic lightbar. Some around here call me the "twinsonic guru". I buy sell and trade parts for this bar. my website is twinsonic lightbars | feel free to head there and look around.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_RyanTwinGIF.gif

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_IMG_0002_3.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_0314001228a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_0907002043a.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_Witch_468x359.gif

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v660_fdny5555_Misc_20Twinsonic_20pics_Twinsonicacres.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude