Hello from Ohio

Mark1710

Sep 16, 2013
Ohio
Hi everyone. I've been on elightbars since 2013 but since I've been on/off since then I thought I'd introduce myself. I've enjoyed lightbars and emergency equipment as long as I can remember. I prefer the lightbars with rotators over all the new LED bars. I like how every depart seemed to have their own unique style lightbar that stood out. LAPD had the aerodynic with a lens combo that was unique to their cars. NYPD had the classic aerotwin bar with the clear/red/amber lens combo seen in hundreds if not thousands of movies. Cincinnati, Boston and Indianapolis all used Code 3 / Force 4 XL bars with lens combination unique to their own department. With all the LED bars, it's mainly a solid clear bar and very plain nowadays. Arguably bright... Not just not the same! I heard about some emergency vehicle shows in the Chicago area and Ferndale, Michigan area and hope to take my car their whenever I'm able to get it done.

Mark1710

Sep 16, 2013
Ohio
No doubt this is a great site and great source of information and locating particular equipment for projects!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hello, may I ask what the car project is,? Welcome back. Lol

Mark1710

Sep 16, 2013
Ohio
It is a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria, former Cincinnati car. I'm attaching a photo of my car and a photo of what it will look like when it's done.

Attachments

• 20150716_183250.jpg
    20150716_183250.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 12
  • hnpca0435-vi.jpg
    hnpca0435-vi.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: StEaLtH2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.