Hello from Southern California

9C1-Restoration

Jun 29, 2011
Upland,California
Hello everyone,

My name is angel, I am from Southern California and work at a shop that refurbishes police cars. I found this site while researching vintage lighting and hope to make some new friends while learning about vintage equipment and tracking down some of it as well. Current projects are a 1990 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 that was originally a Slick top CHP unit, now being mocked up as a marked LAPD unit with Aerodynic and whatever else I can get info on. Also working on a 2005 Crown Victoria P71 which was also former CHP, now being turned into an unmarked unit (Halogen interior lights, NO newer stuff) for use as a SWAT,Gang unit or other type of unmarked.

Later I will also be restoring a 1995 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 as an unmarked as well. All of these cars and more are being restored for future appearances at the LOMPOC,California show as well as for use in the movie industry. Any help in figuring out what equipment is correct would be appreciated. Any help locating that equipment would also be appreciated.

I have links to photobucket where you can see some of the work we have done over the years if anyone is interested.

welcome, I have a few CTS twinsonics and always looking for more!

9C1-Restoration said:
Current projects are a 1990 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 that was originally a Slick top CHP unit, now being mocked up as a marked LAPD unit with Aerodynic and whatever else I can get info on.

Nice and very interesting project.

Please keep us with pics of the project to date.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude