Hello from Western North Carolina

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
My interest in warning lights began in 1971 when I helped organize the local VFD. Started with a Federal Vitalight with red flashers in the grill. Moved up to a Federal Fireball, then some sort of Dietz roof light with four red and white bulbs under a clear done. This combo w quite effect. Also had a Federal oscillating light (175?)at some point, as well as a 176 rotator beacon. Later downsized to a Federal Fireball 2, later Whelen red and white strobe, and now a Whelen red and white LED dash light. Also had a Code 3 Dashlaser with clear dome, red half cover, and mirrors at some point, and some Whelen and Federal round dash strobes. I've een drivers that moved like parting the sea for a simple rotating dash lights. Now, one can be lit up like Los Vegas and they still won't move. My favorite light was the Dietz with clear dome and red and white bulbs. Guess I'm somewhat of a light junkie. I've been eyeing the Powerarc DL-12, but I've retired from fire service so I can't justify it. Doesn't keep me from wanting it, though.

Reactions: tsquale

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Wow a 78 No Go..... ahhh I Remember my Uncles or was it Cousins.... 74 350 Nova.... Miss that car... Had issues I didnt have the money to resolve... Guy i sold it to fixed it then some lady cut him off and he totalled the car...sigh... I even had the build sheet on the car!

Welcome Aboard... find a Spot to sit down

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I was briefly in your state Wednesday...we went to clingmans dome and apparently if you step off the main trail your in North cackalacky...

Reactions: BLUELIGHT

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
You had me at the '78 Nova . . . . . . . . . Welcome aboard :)
Neat thing about the Nova was I ordered it new, and spec'd it out with all the police Nova options I could get. 350 4 bbl, heavy duty brakes, suspension, cooling, high output alternator, and 4 door sedan. Police Nova's weren't available to the public as an RPO order, but you could get one by knowing what to order. Miss that car. Wish I hadn't sold it 10 years later. Solid car, no problems.

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
I was briefly in your state Wednesday...we went to clingmans dome and apparently if you step off the main trail your in North cackalacky...
Yes, pretty much so. That's quite a hike to the top, but a breathtaking view. I live in Hendersonville, maybe 20 miles away. Great repeaters on Mount Mitchell, also others on Bearwallow. You can bring up the Bearwallow one with a 5watt ht with a decent VHF mobile antenna nearly to Charlotte. Also, used to be a regular VHF repeater on Pisgah, but I think it's now digital.
NC4TB

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i spent most of my time on 147.195 w4kev repeater while there in PF and the BURG... did the 52 simplex and hit a guy about 20 miles away while up there... We have a HAM radio thread in the off topic lounge....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.