Hello from Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada

Derk Derin

Jan 27, 2022
Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada
Hello Everyone,
I just joined the forum for the memberships wealth of knowledge on beacon & lightbar history.
I am a volunteer with the Winnipeg police museum and do a lot of restoration work on Beacons, lightbars, call boxes and police vehicles.
I am currently building a display of beacons the museum has collected over the years and has in their storage from removal from retired police vehicles.
I am also building a display of all the emergency vehicle lighting that was used on Winnipeg police vehicles over the years.
Looking forward to researching the history of the various beacons, lightbars and emergency lights as well as seeing other members collections.
Regards,Derk92224A0B-37FD-49C5-943B-5E5CBF4C65B3.jpeg

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Welcome. You have a good start it seems. There are good sources on here you can ask if you can't find a thread already about them. Keep us updated on your progress.

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Hey Derk,

Greetings from Vancouver! Really cool idea - don't think I've ever seen a police museum have a designated lighting display. It the plan to power these? Next time I'm out that way I will have to stop in.

Adam

Derk Derin

Jan 27, 2022
Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada
Hey Derk,

Greetings from Vancouver! Really cool idea - don't think I've ever seen a police museum have a designated lighting display. It the plan to power these? Next time I'm out that way I will have to stop in.

Adam
Hi Adam,
Yes I’m powering up the displays so they can demonstrate the lights.
I’ve already set up the beacon display in the museum and finishing the emergency vehicle lighting display so I can get that one set up as well.
I also made a display of police vehicle radios that were in various Winnipeg police vehicles over the years and a display of the police portable radio’s.
The museum has had positive feedback from not only visitors to the museum but also serving and retired Winnipeg police officers who remember using all of the old equipment.
I still have to make a display of the lightbars used on Winnipeg police vehicles yet.
Too much to do but never enough time!!!
Regards,Derk

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I am a volunteer with the Winnipeg police museum and do a lot of restoration work on Beacons, lightbars, call boxes and police vehicles.
Are there any old electronic sirens on display at the museum? I'm a bit of a fanatic about the Federal Director and Interceptor sirens, and I know how the circuits and sounds of the sirens have changed throughout the course of production. My favourite versions are those that were made in the late 1960s - they have very deep slow rising wail and yelp tones.

Reactions: Tony P

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
Welcome - nice beacons you have on the shelves. Question. Did you make a wood rack to display the red unity spot light. Can you show the bracket? I have a few spotlights that I would like to display. Thanks

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
welcome on the site . very nice display you have :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.