Hello to all!!

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Kendreth here with a Hello to all! been a member of this site for a while but always lurked around. Im a Healthcare Safety and Security Super for a very large NH Hospital. myself and some of my team recently rebuilt a MX7000 lightbar on our patrol vehicle using surface mount LED's. its SUCH a backyard creation but rather than 3(that functioned) strobe tubes with amber lenses it has 4 leds in the amber upper and green and red leds on the clear lower level. ill have to post some pics soon. its spring, time for maintaince and lens polish in the northeast!

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Welcome to the site! Hopefully we get to see your "creation" and there are plenty of people here who will offer advice (wanted and unwanted lol) on improving any install.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
welcome! Looking forward to seeing some pics. I started out doing the same thing in my early days as security officer on patrol vehicles... now here I am as a service manager in a 2 way radio and vehicle upfitting shop. I'm just north of Boston, if there's anything you may need parts wise.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
hey folks started a thread with the creation mentioned above. i was mistaken and its an Excalibur strobe bar the we rebuilt not an mx7000. AND with my promotion came a coveted NHDSMV370 permit so ill be able to run red facing forward in my personal soon!

For those who aren't from NH if your job title involves the word "security" there is a specific law on the books that you cannot have any flashing lights on your personal vehicle. if u work security and plow snow you cant have anything perm mounted. live free or die my @ss....

Evtech161 -sounds great! we actually just got a new patrol vehicle i was, for lack of a better word, begging for an interceptor utility but the ecofriendly folks in admin thought a escape would suit us better. its a 2017 so at least its brand new. one of the sr Admins is deciding on the upfit - dont know why its up to them theyre clueless i have nightmares of minibars......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.