help......Feniex 4200 wont turn on UPDATE!!!! All fixed

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
UPDATE.... REPLACED THE BRAIN.   ALL GOOD NOW.  FENIEX IS GOING TO FIX THE OLD ONE.  

thanks for all the input.   .

just got done hooking up the 4200

unit has power at the input 

has power at input H ( ignition )

Bluetooth module has power   light is on.

when I plug in the control switch a couple lights flash green real fast.

when I plugged in the switch panel to computer to program and sent file only 5 switches lit up green   then a couple turned red 

then it said completer safe to disconnect

I have no green light at the brain..

nothing works

help

thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

chucksorce

Aug 3, 2014
nj
It's normal for only a few lights to light up during programming, if you haven't already double check to make sure you have ignition power as well as a steady 12v and ground to controller, also make sure that you have the controller cable plugged into the correct port on the controller

Reactions: Chris W

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
It's normal for only a few lights to light up during programming, if you haven't already double check to make sure you have ignition power as well as a steady 12v and ground to controller, also make sure that you have the controller cable plugged into the correct port on the controller

there is only one port for it to plug into. The other port on the controller is for the usb plug.

ive checked a dozen times.  I have constant power to the brain as well as ignition power.  

No green light on brain anywhere.

good to know only a few lights on controller is normal. . .?

the videos I watched show the entire keypad lit ?

im so frustrated. I am stumped.  

chucksorce

Aug 3, 2014
nj
there is only one port for it to plug into. The other port on the controller is for the usb plug.ive checked a dozen times.  I have constant power to the brain as well as ignition power.  

No green light on brain anywhere.

good to know only a few lights on controller is normal. . .?

the videos I watched show the entire keypad lit ?

im so frustrated. I am stumped.  
On the brain there are 2 ports the controller cable can be plugged into make sure it's plugged into the one marked controller, however you should have a green light on the brain if it has power.

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
The original one all buttons lit up newer ones they dont. Sound like your not getting main power into the brain.

I have constant 12v at the brain...I have 12v running through the fuses in the brain, I have 12v running through the constant 4 outputs # 29-32

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
On the brain there are 2 ports the controller cable can be plugged into make sure it's plugged into the one marked controller, however you should have a green light on the brain if it has power.

yes I have it plugged into the correct port...

im just stumped at no power in the brain....

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
If you have power to all the correct locations then you may have a bad unit, call tech support on Monday

ya that's the plan.. I'm just inpatient being the weekend and not being able to play with lights. Lol.    

Was just ask here since there are so many knowledgeable people on here hoping they may have run into something like this.    

chucksorce

Aug 3, 2014
nj
I just pulled the 4200 out of my truck today so Wilson can change the backlighting of the keypad from green to blue so I'll be down for a while

maleko

Aug 26, 2012
East coast
take out the Bluetooth module and hook the controller direct... I had one that did that and it was the Bluetooth module. Honestly, if I tapped the Bluetooth module (fairly hard) everything would work....

believe me I've tried everything known possible.   

I've received a ton of help from Chris at Coastal EVS.   He believes I have one of the only bad units he's heard of.   

I will be contacting Feniex first thing tomorrow morning.   

I will update here when I get an answer.   

If anyone else has a suggestion or input.  Please kept them coming.  

Thanks for everyone's input.  

Maleko.    

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so what was the fix?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
he replaced the relay module

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.