Help Identifying Consol

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
Looking to replace an older Ma/Com radio with an APX in an older patrol car. I can't figure out what console is currently in there in order to get the correct faceplate. There are no markings on it at all and nobody knows where it was outfitted or where they purchased the parts for it.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 18
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 21
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 22
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 22

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
You might be wise to take the control head out of the equipment bracket and check the inside mounting surfaces for identifying marks.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Wouldn't it be a good idea to start looking for consoles for whatever vehicle this is, cause the setup alone will be a dead giveaway... That would identify the manufacturer, I mean most of the havis and jotto desk I see are solid angles this is curvy up front where the cigarette lighter plugs are I'm sure there's other differences..

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Havis uses continuous slots for the screws that retain the equipment brackets, not regularly spaced holes. The console itself does not appear to be Havis.

However, the bends in the equipment bracket makes me think it is a Havis part. The additional holes that were drilled in the console to accommodate the equipment bracket seem to lend credence to my presumption that the equipment bracket is not of the same manufacture as the console.

If the M/A-Com equipment bracket turns out to be a Havis part, it will be marked on the inside face of one of the mounting surfaces with a portion of its part number:

C-EB30-EOR-1P_ISO_10-17(1).JPG

If this turns out to be a Havis equipment bracket, then a suitable Havis equipment bracket for the new radio can be selected and could probably use the same, additional holes. Havis has a list of Motorola equipment brackets, here: https://www.havis.com/catalog/Motorola-753-1.html

Reactions: code352

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
That is a Jotto Console.
But due to the screw holes that are drilled in the mounting plate looks like they used a havis faceplate

Last edited:
Reactions: code352

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.