Help identifying flasher module??

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
So another project I have at my other department will be updating the older style Fed Signal LEDs with more updated Whelen 600s. The lights are a direct swap as they're both 6x4 lights. The issue I have is I need to change the flash pattern on the current setup the truck has. I need to set it to either a slow single flash or steady burn pattern. I believe I've located the flasher modules but I have never seen these before. I think it's the ES-Key Class 1 system. I have no idea how to change the flash pattern on this thing. Any of you ever seen this before?

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
what type engine ?
All of our e-ones have shitty federal leds and there all hot, no flasher. Fronts are synced and rear are synced by themselves. Had to change fender lights out and talked the shop into Whelen. plugged them up and they were just hot. So i was able to change the patterns on those two to what i wanted

Reactions: firemedic10584
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
You know, it hasn't even occurred to me to check if they're constant hot. I think there are 3 wires coming off each lighthead which would lead me to believe one is just a sync wire. I just assumed they're on a flasher since they all appear to be sync'd. I'll have to check on this Wednesday. They're E- one Typhoons. Think they're a 2008 I believe.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Same here. Our old downtown trucks had the old strobes on them which I swapped out for the 600 led series. The new downtown trucks came with the 600 LEDs all over it. It's our two outlying station trucks that have these crappy lights on them.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
let me know what you find out.

So I just took one of the lights off to see what we had. It is definitely the Mod1x modules and there are 3 wires coming into the light. A Red, orange and black. Black obviously ground. The red and orange wire both flash though. So neither of them is steady hot. Any ideas??

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
sorry brother i was deployed to South Carolina. no idea. cant figure out why both wires have flash power tho. you would think the red wound be hot and orange would be sync

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
sorry brother i was deployed to South Carolina. no idea. cant figure out why both wires have flash power tho. you would think the red wound be hot and orange would be sync
No problem. Ya, i'm not real sure. I guess I'll just set the 600s to steady burn so they'll just flash with then flasher I guess. But I'm with you - i'd think the red would be steady hot then the orange would be the flasher wire.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.